* agenda: is it possible to avoid displaying empty sections
@ 2014-03-21  8:29 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-03-21  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have several sections in my "review" agenda that I try to make empty
("Tasks to refile", "Tag me", "Stuck Projects", ...). Is it possible to
avoid displaying the section title when it does not have any contents?

Thanks,

Alan

* Re: agenda: is it possible to avoid displaying empty sections
@ 2014-03-21  8:57 ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2014-03-21  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Alan,

On 2014-03-21 at 04:29, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have several sections in my "review" agenda that I try to make empty
> ("Tasks to refile", "Tag me", "Stuck Projects", ...). Is it possible to
> avoid displaying the section title when it does not have any contents?

I think the answer is "no" based on the replies to me asking this
exact same question last June:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-06/msg00681.html

But a recent thread earlier this month on how to re-use Agenda
sections made me think, "maybe it is possible". I haven't explored
this latter idea further:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-03/msg00459.html

  -k.

* Re: agenda: is it possible to avoid displaying empty sections
@ 2014-03-21  9:06   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-21  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Alan Schmitt, emacs-orgmode

Hi Alan and Ken,

Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:

> I think the answer is "no" based on the replies to me asking this
> exact same question last June:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-06/msg00681.html

Yes, it is not possible, but highly desirable.

On top of my TODO list.

--
 Bastien

* Re: agenda: is it possible to avoid displaying empty sections
@ 2014-03-21 10:06     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-03-21 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Ken Mankoff

Hi,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Alan and Ken,
>
> Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I think the answer is "no" based on the replies to me asking this
>> exact same question last June:
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-06/msg00681.html

Sorry, I did not remember this conversation. Thank you for the link.

> Yes, it is not possible, but highly desirable.
>
> On top of my TODO list.

Ah, this is good to know!

Thanks again,

Alan