* mdframed blocks for latex export
@ 2015-02-23  0:28 Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-02-23  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

In a document I am preparing using Org-mode, I need to create some “boxes” containing text, tables and figures. In LaTeX, mdframed seems to be the way to go. Is there a way to do it in Org-mode? How do I define something like

#+begin_mdframed
Contents of the box go here
#+end_mdframed

Would appreciate a pointer to the right method.

Thanks,

Vikas

* Re: mdframed blocks for latex export
@ 2015-02-23  2:06 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-02-23  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is a place where I would resort to raw latex, probably in
#+begin_latex
\begin{mdframed}
\end{mdframed}
#+end_latex

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: mdframed blocks for latex export
@ 2015-02-23  2:50 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-02-23  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha Vikas,

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> In a document I am preparing using Org-mode, I need to create some
> “boxes” containing text, tables and figures. In LaTeX, mdframed seems
> to be the way to go. Is there a way to do it in Org-mode? How do I
> define something like
>
> #+begin_mdframed
> Contents of the box go here
> #+end_mdframed

I think you've found the answer.

This Org mode code:

,-----------------------------
| #+attr_latex: :options [foo]
| #+begin_mdframed
| Contents of box go here.
| #+end_mdframed

exports this valid mdframed code to LaTeX:

\begin{mdframed}[foo]
Contents of box go here.
\end{mdframed}

hth,