* Scheduling: Finishing a task 'Yesterday' OR Repeat on the same day
@ 2012-06-18  0:00 Moritz Ulrich
From: Moritz Ulrich @ 2012-06-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: Scheduling: Finishing a task 'Yesterday' OR Repeat on the same day
@ 2012-06-18  0:12 ` William LÉCHELLE
From: William LÉCHELLE @ 2012-06-18  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> org-mode thinks I finished it for 'today' because it's after 0AM and
> schedules it for 'tomorrow'. This way, I'll forget it for one day.
>
> Is there a simple day to say: "I finished this task yesterday" without
> me having to manually change every date in the tree, the PROPERTIES
> drawer, and in the Logbook?

Is the org-extend-today-until variable what you're searching for ?

(Assuming you don't do anything past midnight you don't consider to be done the
day before.)

* Re: Scheduling: Finishing a task 'Yesterday' OR Repeat on the same day
@ 2012-06-18  0:42   ` Juan Pechiar
From: Juan Pechiar @ 2012-06-18  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William LÉCHELLE; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 08:12:19PM -0400, William LÉCHELLE wrote:
> > org-mode thinks I finished it for 'today' because it's after 0AM and
> > schedules it for 'tomorrow'. This way, I'll forget it for one day.
> >
> > Is there a simple day to say: "I finished this task yesterday" without
> > me having to manually change every date in the tree, the PROPERTIES
> > drawer, and in the Logbook?
>
> Is the org-extend-today-until variable what you're searching for ?
>
> (Assuming you don't do anything past midnight you don't consider to be done the
> day before.)

And if you are even past your org-extend-today-until time, the
command org-agenda-todo-yesterday comes to the rescue: it will record
your state change at 23:59 the previous day.

Very useful for habit tracking.

.j.

* Re: Scheduling: Finishing a task 'Yesterday' OR Repeat on the same day
@ 2012-06-18  7:03     ` Moritz Ulrich
From: Moritz Ulrich @ 2012-06-18  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Pechiar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, William LÉCHELLE