* how to add a LOCATION in the exported iCal
@ 2007-10-08 19:02 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-10-08 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I start to export org to icalendar and then to google calendar. I wonder
what's the best way to include the LOCATION.

.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

       Use the most powerful email client -- http://gnus.org/

* Re: how to add a LOCATION in the exported iCal
@ 2007-10-09  2:45 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-10-09  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> I start to export org to icalendar and then to google calendar. I
> wonder what's the best way to include the LOCATION.

What do you exactly mean by "include the LOCATION"?

--
Bastien

* Re: how to add a LOCATION in the exported iCal
@ 2007-10-09 11:55   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-10-09 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-10-09 03:45 +0100, Bastien wrote:
> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I start to export org to icalendar and then to google calendar. I
>> wonder what's the best way to include the LOCATION.
>
> What do you exactly mean by "include the LOCATION"?

I mean "in the exported .ics file".

--

@ 2007-10-09 20:27       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-10-09 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-10-09 21:45 +0100, Bastien wrote:
> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> What do you exactly mean by "include the LOCATION"?
>>
>> I mean "in the exported .ics file".
>
> The :LOCATION: property is exported as the LOCATION parameter in .ics
> since Org 5.11.  It complies normally with the RFC specs:
>
>   http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt

This looks like what I want.

However, in order to insert the LOCATION property, I need to first run
org-insert-property-drawer and then `C-c C-c s' ...

Is there a better way of setting LOCATION?

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

       Use the most powerful email client -- http://gnus.org/

* Re: Re: how to add a LOCATION in the exported iCal
@ 2007-10-09 20:45     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-10-09 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2007-10-09 21:00         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-09 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 9, 2007, at 22:27, Leo wrote:

>>> I mean "in the exported .ics file".
>>
>> The :LOCATION: property is exported as the LOCATION parameter in .ics
>> since Org 5.11.  It complies normally with the RFC specs:
>>
>>   http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt
>
> This looks like what I want.
>
> However, in order to insert the LOCATION property, I need to first run
> org-insert-property-drawer and then `C-c C-c s' ...
>
> Is there a better way of setting LOCATION?

You can bind `org-set-property' to a key, it can be called without
first creating the drawer.

I guess I should think up a default binding.

Another good way to set LOCATION is column view.

- Carsten

* Re: how to add a LOCATION in the exported iCal
@ 2007-10-09 21:37         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-10-09 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> However, in order to insert the LOCATION property, I need to first run
> org-insert-property-drawer and then `C-c C-c s' ...
>
> Is there a better way of setting LOCATION?

Well, no.

But property drawers are designed for this kind of additionnal
information, aren't they?  You might also think of the SUMMARY
and DESCRIPTION props, which are set the same way.  It is more
consistent to keep all this in the same place.

--
Bastien

* Re: how to add a LOCATION in the exported iCal
@ 2007-10-11  7:47           ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-10-11  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-10-09 22:00 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
[...]
> You can bind `org-set-property' to a key, it can be called without
> first creating the drawer.
>
> I guess I should think up a default binding.
>
> Another good way to set LOCATION is column view.
>
> - Carsten

Many thanks Bastien and Carsten!