* Some advice on how to use babel to generate cisco configs
@ 2013-01-30 22:24 Bart Bunting
From: Bart Bunting @ 2013-01-30 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Good morning,

I have been trying to figure out without much luck how to use babel to
generate some cisco configs.

What I would like to achieve is to have a table containing a few values,
e.g. ip address vlan number etc.

Then have a cisco config in the org file with markers where the
substitutions are to be inserted.
Run through the table and create a node in the org file one for each row
of the table.

The end result should be a set of cisco configs with the substitutions
made.  I was hoping to also use shell to call pwgen to generate a
random password to insert.

Hope that ramble made some sort of sence.

Can someone give me some ideas on how to put this together?

I tried to use an org source block and a shell function to parse it.  I
couldn't quite tie together how to get the output to work correctly or
how to be able to parse each line....

Kind regards

Bart
--