* Release: Org-mode 4.77
@ 2007-06-06  8:38 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-06  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Hi, I am releasing org-mode 4.77, at

http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/

Enjoy!

- Carsten

Changes in version 4.77
-----------------------

* Overview

   - Vertical lines in exported tables.
   - New default for `org-show-following-heading'.

* Incompatible changes

   - The default for `org-show-following-heading' is now nil.

* Details

   - You can now specify column groups in tables, to the effect
     that the groups will be separated by vertical lines in HTML
     and ASCII output.  Column groups are specified by the
     characters "<" and ">" in a special table row.  "<" starts a
     group, ">" ends a group (in each case including the the
     column where the character is specified).  You may also use
     "<>" to make a group a single column wide.  For example:

         |   |  N | N^2 | N^3 | N^4 | sqrt(n) | sqrt[4](N) |
         |---+----+-----+-----+-----+---------+------------|
         | / | <> |   < |     |   > |       < |          > |
         | # |  1 |   1 |   1 |   1 |       1 |          1 |
         | # |  2 |   4 |   8 |  16 |  1.4142 |     1.1892 |
         | # |  3 |   9 |  27 |  81 |  1.7321 |     1.3161 |
      #+TBLFM: $3=$2^2::$4=$2^3::$5=$2^4::$6=sqrt($2)::$7=sqrt(sqrt(($2))

     A table row with with nothing but "/" in the first field is
     never exported, but can be used to place column group
     information into the table.  In this table, we create a
     group for column 2, one for columns 3-5 and one for columns
     6-7.  HTML and ASCII export will render a vertical line
     between these groups.

     Because HTML does not require closing <colgroup> tags with
     </colgroup>), you can also simply start a new column group
     wherever you want a vertical line:

         | N | N^2 | N^3 | N^4 | sqrt(n) | sqrt[4](N0 |
         |---+-----+-----+-----+---------+------------|
         | / | <   |     |     | <       |            |

   - Vertical lines are now also omitted in ASCII export, unless
     grouping explicitly requests these lines.

   - The default for `org-show-following-heading' is now nil,
     meaning that sparse trees will be more compact.  This has
     become possible due to in important remark by Jason Dunsmore
     who pointed out that TAB should behave differently in the
     inconsistent trees produced by the sparse tree commands.
     TAB does now make sure that the heading after a freshly
     unfolded tree is made visible at all, removing the confusing
     behavior we had before.

   - Several bugs fixed.  In particular:

     + Strings produced by agenda batch processing with
       `org-batch-agenda' and `org-batch-agenda-csv' are now
       properly encoded, so that you should be able to use
       special characters in other languages as along as your
       post-processing program handles them correctly.  At least
       for Emacs this should work now, but have not yet figured
       out how to do this in XEmacs.

* Re: Release: Org-mode 4.77
@ 2007-06-06 23:55 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-06-06 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

----- Carsten Dominik (2007-06-06) wrote:-----

> Hi, I am releasing org-mode 4.77, at
>
> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/
>
> Enjoy!

Carsten, you forget to bump version number in constant `org-version'.