* Delays in posting
@ 2015-10-01 15:57 Nick Dokos
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-10-01 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This is just an FYI.

Over the past couple of days, I've noticed delays in posting.
I posted a couple of things two days ago that didn't show up
until one day later. I believe a couple of other people have
noticed the same thing. I figured that since the posts *did*
show up, the problems were resolved, but another post from this
morning still hasn't shown up four hours later.

I use Gnus/nntp to get to news.gmane.org, not email, so I
believe the problem is with gmane, but this is just a guess.

Nick

* Re: Delays in posting
@ 2015-10-01 17:48 ` Kaushal Modi
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2015-10-01 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-org list

Yes, that seems to be the problem. I subscribe to the mailing list directly
and access the emails as threads in Gmail.

--
Kaushal Modi

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is just an FYI.
>
> Over the past couple of days, I've noticed delays in posting.
> I posted a couple of things two days ago that didn't show up
> until one day later. I believe a couple of other people have
> noticed the same thing. I figured that since the posts *did*
> show up, the problems were resolved, but another post from this
> morning still hasn't shown up four hours later.
>
> I use Gnus/nntp to get to news.gmane.org, not email, so I
> believe the problem is with gmane, but this is just a guess.
>
> Nick

* Re: Delays in posting
@ 2015-10-01 18:08 ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2015-10-01 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

On 10/01/2015 11:57 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> This is just an FYI.
>
> Over the past couple of days, I've noticed delays in posting.
> I posted a couple of things two days ago that didn't show up
> until one day later. I believe a couple of other people have
> noticed the same thing. I figured that since the posts *did*
> show up, the problems were resolved, but another post from this
> morning still hasn't shown up four hours later.
>
> I use Gnus/nntp to get to news.gmane.org, not email, so I
> believe the problem is with gmane, but this is just a guess.
>
> Nick

It was and just gmane, but also email and the "official" org mail list

Charlie Millar

P.S. Not sure if you have seen my post about this issue that I added to
the bug latex exporter thread

* Re: Delays in posting
@ 2015-10-01 18:23 ` Dave Marquardt
From: Dave Marquardt @ 2015-10-01 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
> Over the past couple of days, I've noticed delays in posting.
> I posted a couple of things two days ago that didn't show up
> until one day later. I believe a couple of other people have
> noticed the same thing. I figured that since the posts *did*
> show up, the problems were resolved, but another post from this
> morning still hasn't shown up four hours later.
>
> I use Gnus/nntp to get to news.gmane.org, not email, so I
> believe the problem is with gmane, but this is just a guess.

I'm seeing the same thing.

-Dave

* Re: Delays in posting
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-10-01 19:03 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-10-01 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> This is just an FYI.
>
> Over the past couple of days, I've noticed delays in posting.
> I posted a couple of things two days ago that didn't show up
> until one day later. I believe a couple of other people have
> noticed the same thing. I figured that since the posts *did*
> show up, the problems were resolved, but another post from this
> morning still hasn't shown up four hours later.
>
> I use Gnus/nntp to get to news.gmane.org, not email, so I
> believe the problem is with gmane, but this is just a guess.

I read the emacs-orgmode list and have noticed the same thing.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye