* bug#18401: 24.4.50; emerge-files fails for org files
       [not found] <m2d2bc1kye.fsf@deepthought.outer.space.org>
@ 2014-09-03 21:12 ` Glenn Morris
       [not found] ` <ama96ge7c4.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-09-03 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Detlev Zundel; +Cc: 18401

Detlev Zundel wrote:

> org-overview: `recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.

This was apparently fixed in the Org repository months ago,
but still not in the Emacs one. Ref:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17724#26

(We now have 4 separate Emacs reports for this.)

@ 2014-09-11  8:49   ` Detlev Zundel
       [not found]   ` <m2oaumv8w9.fsf@deepthought.outer.space.org>
From: Detlev Zundel @ 2014-09-11  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 18401

Hi Glenn,

> Detlev Zundel wrote:
>
>> org-overview: `recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.
>
> This was apparently fixed in the Org repository months ago,
> but still not in the Emacs one. Ref:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17724#26
>
> (We now have 4 separate Emacs reports for this.)

Oops, thanks for the context.  So this is actually a pretty fundamental
problem and lingers for a while now.  Who can merge the org repository?
Is there something that an outsider like me can do to help?

Thanks
  Detlev

--
Programming X-Windows is like trying to find the square root of pi
using roman numerals.

@ 2014-09-11 16:44     ` Glenn Morris
       [not found]     ` <icoaum3y5a.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-09-11 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Detlev Zundel; +Cc: 18401

Detlev Zundel wrote:

> problem and lingers for a while now.  Who can merge the org repository?
> Is there something that an outsider like me can do to help?

Thanks for asking! :)

Anyone with a copy of the Org repo and the Emacs repo can generate the
diff that needs to be applied from the former to the latter.

Anyone with write access to the Org repo can get write access to the
Emacs repo and apply that diff. (This is a generalization, but I think
it is true. E.g. I assume all people with Org write access have FSF
assignments.)

However, I think this is wasted effort, so I have suggested not doing it
any more; http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-08/msg00298.html .

@ 2014-09-12  9:37       ` Detlev Zundel
From: Detlev Zundel @ 2014-09-12  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 18401

Hi Glenn,

> Detlev Zundel wrote:
>
>> problem and lingers for a while now.  Who can merge the org repository?
>> Is there something that an outsider like me can do to help?
>
> Thanks for asking! :)
>
> Anyone with a copy of the Org repo and the Emacs repo can generate the
> diff that needs to be applied from the former to the latter.
>
> Anyone with write access to the Org repo can get write access to the
> Emacs repo and apply that diff. (This is a generalization, but I think
> it is true. E.g. I assume all people with Org write access have FSF
> assignments.)
>
> However, I think this is wasted effort, so I have suggested not doing it
> any more; http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-08/msg00298.html .

Ok, I see.  So it seems there is nothing I can do after all.  My
original problem indeed is solved having installed org from elpa.

Best wishes
  Detlev

--
The Buddha,  the Godhead,  resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a
digital computer  or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top

@ 2014-09-15 14:21 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-09-15 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Detlev Zundel; +Cc: 18401

Hi Detlev,

Detlev Zundel <dzu@akk.org> writes:

> org-overview: `recenter'ing a window that does not display
> current-buffer.

This will be fixed in the next Org merge into Emacs.

I'm slowly (but surely) getting there.

--
 Bastien

* bug#18401: 24.4.50; emerge-files fails for org files
@ 2014-09-15 18:27   ` Detlev Zundel
From: Detlev Zundel @ 2014-09-15 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: 18401

Hi Bastien,

> Hi Detlev,
>
> Detlev Zundel <dzu@akk.org> writes:
>
>> org-overview: `recenter'ing a window that does not display
>> current-buffer.
>
> This will be fixed in the next Org merge into Emacs.

Thanks.

> I'm slowly (but surely) getting there.

Thanks for your efforts, I really appreciate it.

Best wishes
  Detlev

--
"Milk?" called Reg. "Er, please." "One lump or two?" "One, please." "Sugar?"

    Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Douglas Adams

* bug#18401: 24.4.50; emerge-files fails for org files
@ 2014-10-12 12:12   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-10-12 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Detlev Zundel, 18401-done

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Detlev Zundel wrote:
>
>> org-overview: `recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.
>
> This was apparently fixed in the Org repository months ago,
> but still not in the Emacs one. Ref:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17724#26
>
> (We now have 4 separate Emacs reports for this.)

I'm closing this one, thanks.

--
 Bastien