* org-beginning-of-line, org-end-of-line, and visual line mode
@ 2012-11-05 16:09 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-05 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'm using a very recent version of org-mode (compiled earlier today from
git), and I see that using visual-line-mode, the "org-beginning-of-line"
goes to the beginning of the visual line (it does not ignore soft line
breaks), whereas "org-end-of-line" goes to the end of the real line (it
ignores soft line breaks). The FAQ says that this used to be broken back
in 2009, but does not mention this asymmetry. Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Alan

* Re: org-beginning-of-line, org-end-of-line, and visual line mode
@ 2012-11-05 16:41 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-05 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I'm using a very recent version of org-mode (compiled earlier today from
> git), and I see that using visual-line-mode, the "org-beginning-of-line"
> goes to the beginning of the visual line (it does not ignore soft line
> breaks), whereas "org-end-of-line" goes to the end of the real line (it
> ignores soft line breaks). The FAQ says that this used to be broken back
> in 2009, but does not mention this asymmetry. Is this a bug?

This is a bug, which should be fixed now. Could you confirm it?

Thanks for reporting this.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-beginning-of-line, org-end-of-line, and visual line mode
@ 2012-11-05 19:02   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-05 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:
>
>> I'm using a very recent version of org-mode (compiled earlier today from
>> git), and I see that using visual-line-mode, the "org-beginning-of-line"
>> goes to the beginning of the visual line (it does not ignore soft line
>> breaks), whereas "org-end-of-line" goes to the end of the real line (it
>> ignores soft line breaks). The FAQ says that this used to be broken back
>> in 2009, but does not mention this asymmetry. Is this a bug?
>
> This is a bug, which should be fixed now. Could you confirm it?

Yes, it's working.

> Thanks for reporting this.

And thanks for fixing it so quickly!

Alan