* Split source block at point
@ 2013-11-27  7:15 Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2013-11-27  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello together,

is therer a command or a function that lets me split a source block at a
given position?  I think what I mean is best demonstrated by looking at
an example:

Given this buffer:
begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun foo ()
    (bar))

  (baz (foo))
end_src

With point somewhere at the free line I want to invoke the split
function and get this:
begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun foo ()
    (bar))
end_src

begin_src emacs-lisp
  (baz (foo))
end_src
This is similar to what M-RET does in message-mode.

Do we already have something like this in org? And if not, do you think
this is useful? Personally I find myself quite frequently splitting up
soure blocks manually.

Best regards,
--
 Alexander Baier

* Re: Split source block at point
@ 2013-11-27  7:17 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-11-27  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Baier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

C-h K C-c C-v C-d

@ 2013-11-27  7:18   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-11-27  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Baier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> C-h K C-c C-v C-d
      ^
      ^

Looks like the keybindings are not indexed the canonical way in the Org
manual.

@ 2013-11-27  7:37 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2013-11-27  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Baier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Alexander Baier writes:

> Hello together,
>
> is therer a command or a function that lets me split a source block at a
> given position?  I think what I mean is best demonstrated by looking at
> an example:

C-c C-v d (org-babel-demarcate-block)

Yours,
Christian

* Re: Split source block at point
@ 2013-11-27  7:39   ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2013-11-27  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 13-11-27 08:17 Jambunathan K wrote:
> C-h K C-c C-v C-d
>

> Alexander Baier <lexi.baier@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello together,
>>
>> is therer a command or a function that lets me split a source block at a
>> given position?  I think what I mean is best demonstrated by looking at
>> an example:
>>
>> Given this buffer:
>> begin_src emacs-lisp
>>   (defun foo ()
>>     (bar))
>>
>>   (baz (foo))
>> end_src
>>
>> With point somewhere at the free line I want to invoke the split
>> function and get this:
>> begin_src emacs-lisp
>>   (defun foo ()
>>     (bar))
>> end_src
>>
>> begin_src emacs-lisp
>>   (baz (foo))
>> end_src
>> This is similar to what M-RET does in message-mode.
>>
>> Do we already have something like this in org? And if not, do you think
>> this is useful? Personally I find myself quite frequently splitting up
>> soure blocks manually.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>>  Alexander Baier