* export section body but not section title
@ 2014-05-06 13:19 Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2014-05-06 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Is there a way (tag?) in Org to export the body but not the
title/heading? For example,

* Section 1   :noexport:
  Some Text
* Section 2
  Some more text

Would not export the "Some Text" or any part of Section 1. I'd like to
export the "Some Text" text, just not the title "Section 1".

Use Case: More sections and collapsability in the Org doc makes
writing/organizing easier, but the journal format doesn't allow any
sections except one (Supplemental Material).

Is this supported in Org as-is, or does it require a bit of Lisp code?
I'd be happy for a LaTeX-specific solution.

  -k.

* Re: export section body but not section title
@ 2014-05-06 21:34 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2014-05-06 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 09:19:22AM -0400, Ken Mankoff wrote:

> Is there a way (tag?) in Org to export the body but not the
> title/heading? For example,
>
> * Section 1   :noexport:
>   Some Text
> * Section 2
>   Some more text
>
> Would not export the "Some Text" or any part of Section 1. I'd like to
> export the "Some Text" text, just not the title "Section 1".
>
> Use Case: More sections and collapsability in the Org doc makes
> writing/organizing easier, but the journal format doesn't allow any
> sections except one (Supplemental Material).
>
> Is this supported in Org as-is, or does it require a bit of Lisp code?
> I'd be happy for a LaTeX-specific solution.

With the filter shown here:

<https://github.com/suvayu/.emacs.d/blob/master/org-mode-config.el#L279>

You should be able to ignore the headlines by tagging them with
`ignoreheading'.

I have not tested this snippet in a long time, so you might need to
revise it to get it to work.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu