* Table captions in LaTeX export
@ 2015-06-12  6:12 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-06-12  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Aloha all,

With this input:

,----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| #+begin_margintable
| #+name: tab:eg
| #+attr_latex: :float nil :booktabs t :center nil :caption \caption{Example table}
| | First | Second |
| |-------+--------|
| | One   | Two    |
| | Three | Four   |
| #+end_margintable
`----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On export to LaTeX, I get this, which lacks a caption and a label:

,--------------------
| \begin{margintable}
| \begin{tabular}{ll}
| \toprule
| First & Second\\
| \midrule
| One & Two\\
| Three & Four\\
| \bottomrule
| \end{tabular}
| \end{margintable}
`--------------------

It would be good to have :caption and label honored, even when :float
nil, like this:

,--------------------------------------
| \begin{margintable}
| \caption{Example table\label{tab:eg}}
| \begin{tabular}{ll}
| \toprule
| First & Second\\
| \midrule
| One & Two\\
| Three & Four\\
| \bottomrule
| \end{tabular}
| \end{margintable}
`--------------------------------------

Is this possible?

All the best,
Tom
--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813

* Re: Table captions in LaTeX export
@ 2015-06-12  7:41 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-06-12  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thursday, 11 Jun 2015 at 20:12, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

[...]

> It would be good to have :caption and label honored, even when :float
> nil, like this:

You could always resort to direct LaTeX directives, as in

#+begin_src org
  ,#+begin_margintable
  ,#+latex: \label{tab:eg} \caption{Example table}
  ,#+attr_latex: :float nil :booktabs t :center nil
  | First | Second |
  |-------+--------|
  | One   | Two    |
  | Three | Four   |
  ,#+end_margintable
#+end_src
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-1216-gb856f6

* Re: Table captions in LaTeX export
@ 2015-06-12 16:52   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-06-12 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

> On Thursday, 11 Jun 2015 at 20:12, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> It would be good to have :caption and label honored, even when :float
>> nil, like this:
>
> You could always resort to direct LaTeX directives, as in
>
> #+begin_src org
>   ,#+begin_margintable
>   ,#+latex: \label{tab:eg} \caption{Example table}
>   ,#+attr_latex: :float nil :booktabs t :center nil
>   | First | Second |
>   |-------+--------|
>   | One   | Two    |
>   | Three | Four   |
>   ,#+end_margintable
> #+end_src

Unfortunately, this isn't fully functional.  The internal link points to
#+name: and not \label{}.

,----------------------------------------------------------
`----------------------------------------------------------

,------------------------------------------------
| Here is a reference to Table~\ref{orgkeyword1}.
| \begin{margintable}
| \caption{Example table\label{tab:eg}}
| \begin{tabular}{ll}
| \toprule
| First & Second\\
| \midrule
| One & Two\\
| Three & Four\\
| \bottomrule
| \end{tabular}
| \end{margintable}
`------------------------------------------------

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye

@ 2015-06-12 20:09 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-06-12 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> | #+attr_latex: :float nil :booktabs t :center nil :caption

Float=nil disables the caption.  There's an older thread on this.  I
started a patch for this, but I have not finished it, and at the moment
I'm very busy.

> On export to LaTeX, I get this, which lacks a caption and a label:

This is expected behavior (ATM).

Rasmus

--
Slowly unravels in a ball of yarn and the devil collects it

* Re: Table captions in LaTeX export
@ 2015-06-12 21:57   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-06-12 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Hi,
>
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> | #+attr_latex: :float nil :booktabs t :center nil :caption
>

> Float=nil disables the caption.  There's an older thread on this.  I
> started a patch for this, but I have not finished it, and at the moment
> I'm very busy.

Thanks for the response.  Let me know if there is something I can do to
help.

All the best,
Tom

--