* LaTeX export section level cutoff?
@ 2019-05-06  6:38 Christian Lynbech
From: Christian Lynbech @ 2019-05-06  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

What determines at what level LaTeX export goes from sections to
enumerations?

I am using `report', the definition of which looks like this:

    ("report" "\\documentclass[11pt]{report}"
               ("\\part{%s}" . "\\part*{%s}")
               ("\\chapter{%s}" . "\\chapter*{%s}")
               ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
               ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
               ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}"))

and my top-level (*) becomes parts, the next (**) becomes chapters and
so on, but when I get down to level 4 and 5, as in

    **** Testing
    ***** Mailbox creation

the code exported looks like this:

    \item Testing
    \label{sec:orgf672eb5}
    \begin{enumerate}
    \item Mailbox creation
    \label{sec:orgca67a92}

I have set a `toc' option of 2, but changing that does not seem to
affect the sectioning cutoff and there clearly are options available in
the "report" definition for levels 4 and 5.

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)

* Re: LaTeX export section level cutoff?
@ 2019-05-06 15:27 ` William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2019-05-06 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Lynbech; +Cc: Org-mode

On 6 May 2019, Christian Lynbech wrote:

> What determines at what level LaTeX export goes from sections to
> enumerations?

According to this, by default it's three levels of sections, then it turns into
lists:

https://orgmode.org/org.html#LaTeX-header-and-sectioning

But H in the export settings (or org-export-headline-levels) can change that:

https://orgmode.org/org.html#Export-Settings

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art: https://listeningtoart.org/
https://www.miskatonic.org/         ---   GHG.EARTH: https://ghg.earth/

* Re: LaTeX export section level cutoff?
@ 2019-05-06 20:25   ` Christian Lynbech
From: Christian Lynbech @ 2019-05-06 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Denton; +Cc: Org-mode

Thanks a lot!