* koma export and order of options
@ 2015-09-09  9:58 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2015-09-09  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I’m trying to write a letter where I override settings from the lco with
the options line. Here is what the lco looks like:

\ProvidesFile{InriaRennesEN.lco}

\usepackage[english]{babel}
\usepackage{xltxtra}

\KOMAoption{fromalign}{right}

\setkomavar{fromname}{Alan Schmitt}
\setkomavar{fromaddress}{Celtique Project\\Inria Rennes}
\setkomavar{place}{Rennes}
\setkomavar{fromemail}{alan.schmitt@inria.fr}

\endinput

I don’t want the email nor the place, so I have these options in
my letter:

#+latex_class: my-letter
#+lco: InriaRennesEN

Unfortunately the latex code generated sets these options before loading
the lco:

\KOMAoption{fromemail}{false}
\KOMAoption{fromphone}{false}
\KOMAoption{backaddress}{false}
\setkomavar{place}{}
\KOMAoptions{foldmarks=true}
\LoadLetterOption{InriaRennesEN}

I thought that local options would override the ones from the lco. Is
there something I’m doing wrong here for it to fail? (I tried reading
the code, but I don’t understand how `org-koma-letter--build-settings'
is supposed to work.)

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Last week athmospheric CO₂ average (Updated September 6, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.):

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: koma export and order of options
@ 2015-09-09 20:59 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-09-09 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I’m trying to write a letter where I override settings from the lco with
> the options line. Here is what the lco looks like:
>
> \ProvidesFile{InriaRennesEN.lco}
>
> \usepackage[english]{babel}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
>
> \KOMAoption{fromalign}{right}
>
> \setkomavar{fromname}{Alan Schmitt}
> \setkomavar{fromaddress}{Celtique Project\\Inria Rennes}
> \setkomavar{place}{Rennes}
> \setkomavar{fromemail}{alan.schmitt@inria.fr}
>
> \endinput
>
> I don’t want the email nor the place, so I have these options in
> my letter:
>
> #+latex_class: my-letter
> #+lco: InriaRennesEN
>
> Unfortunately the latex code generated sets these options before loading
> the lco:
>
> \KOMAoption{fromemail}{false}
> \KOMAoption{fromphone}{false}
> \KOMAoption{backaddress}{false}
> \setkomavar{place}{}
> \KOMAoptions{foldmarks=true}
> \LoadLetterOption{InriaRennesEN}
>
> I thought that local options would override the ones from the lco. Is
> there something I’m doing wrong here for it to fail? (I tried reading
> the code, but I don’t understand how `org-koma-letter--build-settings'
> is supposed to work.)

I think I fixed a bug in that area. Could you update Org and try again?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: koma export and order of options
@ 2015-09-10  9:59   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2015-09-10  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Nicolas,

On 2015-09-09 22:59, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

>> I thought that local options would override the ones from the lco. Is
>> there something I’m doing wrong here for it to fail? (I tried reading
>> the code, but I don’t understand how `org-koma-letter--build-settings'
>> is supposed to work.)
>
> I think I fixed a bug in that area. Could you update Org and try again?

Thanks, I confirm it works for email, but I’m having trouble getting rid
of the place. Here is an ECM:

testlco.lco
\ProvidesFile{testlco.lco}

\setkomavar{place}{Rennes}

\endinput

letter.org
#+latex_class: my-letter
#+lco: testlco

letter text

The output still mentions “Rennes” right before the date.

Alan

--

@ 2015-09-10 12:31     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-09-10 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Thanks, I confirm it works for email, but I’m having trouble getting rid
> of the place. Here is an ECM:
>
> testlco.lco
> \ProvidesFile{testlco.lco}
>
> \setkomavar{place}{Rennes}
>
> \endinput
>
> letter.org
> #+latex_class: my-letter
> #+lco: testlco
>
> letter text
>
> The output still mentions “Rennes” right before the date.

"place" is a bit tricky because there is no \KOMAoption{place}{false}
setting. Anyway, I think it should now be fixed: any time you alter
place setting (with "place" OPTION item or PLACE keyword), it is set
after LCO inclusion.

* Re: koma export and order of options
@ 2015-09-10 13:22       ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2015-09-10 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2015-09-10 14:31, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> "place" is a bit tricky because there is no \KOMAoption{place}{false}
> setting. Anyway, I think it should now be fixed: any time you alter
> place setting (with "place" OPTION item or PLACE keyword), it is set
> after LCO inclusion.

It works great, thanks!

Alan