* Toggling Macro Definition
@ 2014-09-22  2:09 Jacob Gerlach
From: Jacob Gerlach @ 2014-09-22  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

After writing a detailed report in org-mode and submitting it via
latex/pdf, I've found out that for the next version of the report, I am
required to use "track changes" in MS Word.

I thought my best way to approximate this is to submit two versions: one
with removed text in strikeout and new text in red (hence my previous post
where I learned to RTFM on Macro arguments).

The best hack I could think of to generate a "final" pdf was to change the
macro definition so that struckout text isn't included in the output and
new text is no longer red.

i.e.

#+MACRO: stk @@latex:\sout{$1}@@
becomes
#+MACRO: stk

This works for body text, but leaves an empty headline, and in general I
don't really like it. Do any experienced org-folk have recommendations on a
better way to do this?

* Re: Toggling Macro Definition
@ 2014-09-22  3:55 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-09-22  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacob Gerlach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Jacob,

Jacob Gerlach <jacobgerlach@gmail.com> writes:

> After writing a detailed report in org-mode and submitting it via
> latex/pdf, I've found out that for the next version of the report, I am
> required to use "track changes" in MS Word.

If this means you are required to submit a pdf file that looks like it
is the output from "track changes" in Word, then the latexdiff utility
might work for you.

You pass it the old .tex file and the new .tex file and it creates a
third .tex file that tracks the changes.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye