* Tangling src blocks to files as part of export
@ 2014-11-13 15:54 Michael Weylandt
From: Michael Weylandt @ 2014-11-13 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is it possible to have certain blocks tangled as part of export so that they are available as input files to later source blocks?

E.g.,

#+BEGIN_SRC python :tangle hello.py
print "Hello World"
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC sh
python hello.py
#+END_SRC

If I tangle before running, then the second code block will work; else, it fails because 'hello.py' is not found. [1]

I can run tangle and export in a row (and I have my own function to do just that) but is there a native org way to do so?

Michael

[1] My actual case involves a JAGS model file and the R code to run it, so executing the first source block directly isn't an option.