* [BUG][ODT] Headings not created with num:nil
@ 2014-11-27 15:09 Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2014-11-27 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hi,

Headings should be styled as Heading 1, Heading 2 etc. in ODT output.

But when heading numbering is turned off, they are just styled as
paragraphs in Default Style.

They *are* included in the exported TOC, though.

Tested in 8.3beta.

Example: --------------------

#+TITLE: Test headings

* Pop
** Abba
** Beatles

------------------end example

Yours,
Christian

* Re: [BUG][ODT] Headings not created with num:nil
@ 2014-11-27 16:15 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-11-27 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Christian,

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

> Headings should be styled as Heading 1, Heading 2 etc. in ODT output.
>
> But when heading numbering is turned off, they are just styled as
> paragraphs in Default Style.
>
> They *are* included in the exported TOC, though.
>
> Tested in 8.3beta.

Thanks!

ox-odt does not receive many changes.

It seems to works in 06944507f134d9b9e5bdf104059d49b435132a57 and
004332b9b6db4a77b3779a953227c343c5fd1b88 when I added the unnumbered
property.  I just (re)tested it (but very quickly).

Maybe something changed in 61ba40c37152c41866e5d918ad6527bf0994599d?

I don't have time to test further right now.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they are not

* Re: [BUG][ODT] Headings not created with num:nil
@ 2014-11-28  9:42 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-11-28  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Headings should be styled as Heading 1, Heading 2 etc. in ODT output.
>
> But when heading numbering is turned off, they are just styled as
> paragraphs in Default Style.
>
> They *are* included in the exported TOC, though.
>
> Tested in 8.3beta.

I see the same thing.  There seems to be no regressions on the lisp side
(assuming my git bisec skills are adequate).

What was wrong on my system was that
/usr/share/emacs/etc/org/styles/OrgOdtStyles.xml was not up to date (that
is: it was not the git version).

I updated the org-git package and I no longer see this.  Very weird.

—Rasmus

--
With monopolies the cake is a lie!

* Re: [BUG][ODT] Headings not created with num:nil
@ 2014-11-28 10:07   ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2014-11-28 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks! Now that I thought to check my setup, my problem was similar.

So this is *not* a bug in the ODT exporter. False alarm, case closed.

In my case, my org-odt-styles-dir points to a directory that does
contain a copy of the style files, but is apparently not updated with
new installs. I'll have to try to figure out why that happens.

Yours,
Christian