* Parsing org table from Linux command line
@ 2017-12-10 20:07 ST
From: ST @ 2017-12-10 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have an org table and its third column are emails. I would like to
send an email from command line (with the "mail" cli tool) to all those
addresses.

1. How do I extract them from the table and pass to CC of "mail"?

2. Is the same possible somehow if I have several tables with different
#+TBLNAMEs: in the same file?

Thank you in advance!

* Re: Parsing org table from Linux command line
@ 2017-12-11  2:12 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2017-12-11  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ST; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Check out Listing 7 in
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acscatal.5b00538.

It is a pretty minimal Python script to get data from a table. You could
then use it to print column 3 to stdout maybe so it could get piped to
mail, or build up some command you can call.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: Parsing org table from Linux command line
@ 2017-12-11  9:37   ` ST
From: ST @ 2017-12-11  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Thank you very much!

Is py_org_table.py part of a bigger library? Where can I find it?

Thank you!

@ 2017-12-11 15:36     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2017-12-11 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ST; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

I think you just put Listing 7 in a file called py_org_table.py on your
Python path, or you could just integrate it into the script.