* ox-bibtex.el references working in sample.org
@ 2013-05-13 23:56 George Jones
From: George Jones @ 2013-05-13 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Both LaTeX and HTML citations and bibliography generation in the new
ox-bibtex.el
seem to be working.

Test .org file attached

Ran it with a larger document I'm working on, and the references seemed to
work.
Having some issues now with figures and references, but I'm probably just
using old-style stuff here.   Next battle.

What we want is illustrated by figure \ref{WhatWeWant}

#+CAPTION: What we want
#+LABEL: fig:WhatWeWant

Thanks for your work/help,
---George Jones

[-- Attachment #2: simple.org --]

#+TITLE: Test of new ox-bibtex.el
#+DATE: <2013-05-13 Mon>
#+AUTHOR:George Jones
#+EMAIL: gmj@pobox.com
#+CREATOR: Emacs 24.3.50.1 (Org mode 8.0.2)
#+EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE: en
#+SELECT_TAGS: export

* Cite something
  \cite{schulte2012multi} is a most interesting and useful paper.

* Intro
  - This is a simple file for testing bibtex referecnes in the new emacs exporter.
  - It uses the file ox-bibtex.el
    + Testing version of May 12 2013 provided by Nicolas Gaoziou
  - Inputs: this file, and refs.bib
  - Outputs: simple.pdf (via LaTeX) and simple.html (via HTML export)

* LaTeX installation

  - Assumes you've done something like this (this example for Ubuntu 12.04)
    #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
    sudo apt-get -y install texlive
    sudo apt-get -y install texlive-latex-extra
    sudo apt-get -y install texlive-bibtex-extra
    sudo apt-get -y install bibtex2html
    sudo apt-get -y install texlive-plain-extra
    sudo apt-get -y install xpdf
    #+END_EXAMPLE

* To Use
** LaTeX/PDF
     #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
     CTRL-C CTRL-E l l
     #+END_EXAMPLE

     to create simple.tex then

     #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
     pdflatex simple
     bibtex simple
     pdflatex simple
     pdflatex simple
     #+END_EXAMPLE
** HTML
     #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
     CTRL-C CTRL-E h o
     #+END_EXAMPLE

     to process to .html and display

* contents of ref.bib
   #+BEGIN_SRC sh :results output :exports results
   cat > refs.bib <<END
@article{schulte2012multi,
  title={A multi-language computing environment for literate programming and reproducible research},
  author={Schulte, Eric and Davison, Dan and Dye, Thomas and Dominik, Carsten},
  journal={Journal of Statistical Software},
  volume={46},
  number={3},
  pages={1--24},
  year={2012},
  publisher={American Statistical Association}
}
END
cat refs.bib
   #+END_SRC

   #+RESULTS:
   #+begin_example
   @article{schulte2012multi,
     title={A multi-language computing environment for literate programming and reproducible research},
     author={Schulte, Eric and Davison, Dan and Dye, Thomas and Dominik, Carsten},
     journal={Journal of Statistical Software},
     volume={46},
     number={3},
     pages={1--24},
     year={2012},
     publisher={American Statistical Association}
   }
#+end_example

* Bibliography

#+BIBLIOGRAPHY: refs plain option:-d

* Re: ox-bibtex.el references working in sample.org
@ 2013-05-14  0:40 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-05-14  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gmj; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

Aloha George,

Perhaps what we want is illustrated by figure [[fig:WhatWeWant]]

#+caption[What we want in TOC]: What we want under the figure.
#+name: fig:WhatWeWant

George Jones <eludom@gmail.com> writes:

> What we want is illustrated by figure \ref{WhatWeWant}
>
> #+CAPTION: What we want
> #+LABEL: fig:WhatWeWant

hth,
Tom