* texinfo -- markup in example blocks
@ 2012-12-07 21:27 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-12-07 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha Jon,

How can I mark up text in an example block? The following describes what
I'm after, but the markup, @b{} and @i{}, is passed through on export.

#+begin_example
,** Lord of the Rings
   My favorite scenes are (in this order)
   1. The attack of the Rohirrim
   2. Eowyn's fight with the witch king
      + this was already my favorite scene in the book
      + I really like Miranda Otto.
   3. Peter Jackson being shot by Legolas
      - on DVD only
      He makes a really funny face when it happens.
   But in the end, no individual scenes matter but the film as a whole.
   Important actors in this film are:
   - @@info:@b{Elijah Wood}@@ :: He plays Frodo
   - @@info:@b{Sean Austin}@@ :: He plays Sam, Frodo's friend.  I still remember
     him very well from his role as Mikey Walsh in @@info:@i{The Goonies}@@.
#+end_example

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813