* insert .org file into other .org file by link
@ 2010-07-28  8:55 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-07-28  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: insert .org file into other .org file by link
@ 2010-07-28 18:50 ` Austin Frank
From: Austin Frank @ 2010-07-28 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Jul 28 2010, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> I have a .org file (lets call it basic.org), which creates me a report
> from a simulation (of a variable x, saved from R) - it works fine for
> export to html and pdf.
>
> Now I want to create a report (all.org), which should include the report
> from basic.org 10 times, but basic.report should be created from
> different simulations (X1, X2, X3, ..., X10).
>
> How can I acieve this, without having to copy - paste the .org file in
> 10 times? I would like to have a kind of dynamic lining, so that I can
>
> a) specify the name of the variable to be analysed
> b) the all.org is using basic.org to create the "all" report, so that
> when I change basic.org, the report based on all.org is also changed.

To start, you probably want to use the #+SETUPFILE and #+INCLUDE
directives [fn:1] [fn:2].  An untested Babel-based dynamic solution
might look something like

#+BEGIN_SRC perl :results value org :var $n=10 $file=basic.org
# I've never actually used per with babel,
# so don't know how the :var headers work exactly
for (my $i = 0; $i < $n; $i++) {
  print "#+INCLUDE:  $file\n";
}
#+END_SRC

Hope that helps!  Let me know what you come up with.

/au

Footnotes:

[fn:1] [[info:org:Export%20options][Export options]]

[fn:2] [[info:org:Include%20files][Include files]]

--
Austin Frank
http://aufrank.net

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 194 bytes --]

* Re: Re: insert .org file into other .org file by link
@ 2010-07-29  7:27   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-07-29  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Austin Frank; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Austin,

On 28/07/10 20:50, Austin Frank wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28 2010, Rainer M Krug wrote:
>
>> I have a .org file (lets call it basic.org), which creates me a report
>> from a simulation (of a variable x, saved from R) - it works fine for
>> export to html and pdf.
>>
>> Now I want to create a report (all.org), which should include the report
>> from basic.org 10 times, but basic.report should be created from
>> different simulations (X1, X2, X3, ..., X10).
>>
>> How can I acieve this, without having to copy - paste the .org file in
>> 10 times? I would like to have a kind of dynamic lining, so that I can
>>
>> a) specify the name of the variable to be analysed
>> b) the all.org is using basic.org to create the "all" report, so that
>> when I change basic.org, the report based on all.org is also changed.
>
> To start, you probably want to use the #+SETUPFILE and #+INCLUDE
> directives [fn:1] [fn:2].  An untested Babel-based dynamic solution

The #+INCLUDE is the one I was looking for. And when I use the same R
session for evaluation in the main org file and the included org file, I
don't need the :var - I just load the file to be reported on into a
variable name before I call #+INCLUDE, and then it should work.

Thanks,

Rainer

> might look something like

> #+BEGIN_SRC perl :results value org :var $n=10 $file=basic.org
> # I've never actually used per with babel,
> # so don't know how the :var headers work exactly
> for (my $i = 0; $i < $n; $i++) {
>   print "#+INCLUDE:  $file\n";
> }
> #+END_SRC
>
> Hope that helps!  Let me know what you come up with.
>
> /au
>
> Footnotes:
>
> [fn:1] [[info:org:Export%20options][Export options]]
>
> [fn:2] [[info:org:Include%20files][Include files]]

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039