* org-export-with-broken-links doesn't apply to footnotes
@ 2016-06-22 19:25 Mark Edgington
From: Mark Edgington @ 2016-06-22 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The org-export-with-broken-links option was introduced in order to
allow exports to proceed when a link isn't able to be resolved.
Sometimes this happens when trying to export a narrowed region of a
buffer.

I have noticed, however, that even if I have (setq
org-export-with-broken-links 't), I am still unable to export a
narrowed buffer that contains a footnote reference ("Definition not
found for footnote...").  Is this behavior intentional?  If so, is
there a way to get the same effect as org-export-with-broken-links for
footnotes?

Regards,

Mark

* Re: org-export-with-broken-links doesn't apply to footnotes
@ 2016-06-22 20:44 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-06-22 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Edgington; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mark Edgington <edgimar@gmail.com> writes:

> I have noticed, however, that even if I have (setq
> org-export-with-broken-links 't), I am still unable to export a
> narrowed buffer that contains a footnote reference ("Definition not
> found for footnote...").  Is this behavior intentional?

No, it isn't. However I could only reproduce it with empty footnote
definitions.

In any case, this is now fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-export-with-broken-links doesn't apply to footnotes
@ 2016-06-25 13:16   ` Mark Edgington
From: Mark Edgington @ 2016-06-25 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <mail <at> nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> No, it isn't. However I could only reproduce it with empty footnote
> definitions.
>
> In any case, this is now fixed. Thank you.

I am providing a minimal example that still exhibits the problem for me (on
the latest git rev):

----------- BEGIN EXAMPLE -----------
* Heading 1                   :ignore:
** Heading 2                  :export:
*** Heading 3                 :ignore:
Here's a footnote[fn:20].

* Footnotes                   :export:
[fn:20] Footnote content.
----------- END EXAMPLE -----------

If you narrow the buffer to Heading 2, and try to export, it fails.

Among other things, I have the following in my .emacsd file:

    (require 'ox-extra)
    (ox-extras-activate '(ignore-headlines))

* Re: org-export-with-broken-links doesn't apply to footnotes
@ 2016-06-27 22:33     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-06-27 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Edgington; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mark Edgington <edgimar@gmail.com> writes:

> I am providing a minimal example that still exhibits the problem for me (on
> the latest git rev):
>
> ----------- BEGIN EXAMPLE -----------
> * Heading 1                   :ignore:
> ** Heading 2                  :export:
> *** Heading 3                 :ignore:
> Here's a footnote[fn:20].
>
> * Footnotes                   :export:
> [fn:20] Footnote content.
>
> If you narrow the buffer to Heading 2, and try to export, it fails.

Fixed (hopefully). Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou