* Repeat task a fixed number of times
@ 2014-07-22  8:53 SabreWolfy
From: SabreWolfy @ 2014-07-22  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This repeats an event on the first of the month forever:

* Attend Monthly Meeting
   <2014-05-01 +1m>

How do I indicate that the event should be repeated monthly for 6 months
only? Time-shift?

* Re: Repeat task a fixed number of times
@ 2014-07-22  9:11 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-07-22  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

SabreWolfy <sabrewolfy@gmail.com> writes:

> This repeats an event on the first of the month forever:
>
> * Attend Monthly Meeting
>    <2014-05-01 +1m>
>
> How do I indicate that the event should be repeated monthly for 6 months
> only? Time-shift?

I think so: C-c C-x c (org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift)

Nick

* Re: Repeat task a fixed number of times
@ 2014-07-27 13:08 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-07-27 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SabreWolfy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

SabreWolfy <sabrewolfy@gmail.com> writes:

> How do I indicate that the event should be repeated monthly for 6 months
> only? Time-shift?

FWIW, this is a frequently requested feature and I will propose
something other than cloning headlines for the next major Org version.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Repeat task a fixed number of times
@ 2014-08-05 19:07   ` Aric Gregson
From: Aric Gregson @ 2014-08-05 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> SabreWolfy <sabrewolfy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> How do I indicate that the event should be repeated monthly for 6 months
>> only? Time-shift?
>
> FWIW, this is a frequently requested feature and I will propose
> something other than cloning headlines for the next major Org version.

I entirely agree. Thus far I have been pulling my hair out getting diary
sexp statements to work. They do, but unless you understand how to write
them, it is time consuming searching the web for instructions.

Thanks, Aric

--
    ~O
    /\_,