* Elpa color-theme with emacs24
@ 2013-09-26  2:22 Rene
From: Rene @ 2013-09-26  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just tried out color-theme with emacs24.

It seems the code on http://orgmode.org/worg/org-color-themes.html is not
quite compatible with elpa packages.

Here is what I used instead.

;-----------------------------------------------------------
; To easily cycle between different colour schemes using the F4 key
(require 'color-theme)
(require 'cyberpunk-theme)
(require 'leuven-theme)
(require 'tangotango-theme)
(require 'zenburn-theme)
(setq color-theme-is-global t)

(setq my-color-themes (list
		       'cyberpunk
		       'leuven
		       'zenburn
		       'tangotango
		       ))

(defun my-theme-set-default () ; Set the first row
      (interactive)
      (setq theme-current my-color-themes)
      (load-theme  (car theme-current) t))

(defun my-describe-theme () ; Show the current theme
      (interactive)
      (message "My color theme: %s" (car theme-current)))

(defun my-theme-cycle ()    ; Set the next theme
      (interactive)
      (setq theme-current (cdr theme-current))
      (if (null theme-current)
      (setq theme-current my-color-themes))
      (load-theme  (car theme-current) t)
      (message "My color theme: %S" (car theme-current)))

(setq theme-current my-color-themes)
(setq color-theme-is-global nil) ; Initialization
(my-theme-set-default)
(global-set-key [f4] 'my-theme-cycle)
;------------------------------------------------------------

--
Rene

* Re: Elpa color-theme with emacs24
@ 2013-09-26  7:31 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-09-26  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Rene,

Rene wrote:
> I just tried out color-theme with emacs24.
>
> It seems the code on http://orgmode.org/worg/org-color-themes.html is not
> quite compatible with elpa packages.
>
> Here is what I used instead ...

For the sake of completion, I think that, starting with Emacs 24, it's better
to use their new "custom theme" mechanism, which is more general than the
`color-theme' package (and offers the same services regarding color themes).

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Elpa color-theme with emacs24
@ 2013-09-27  2:08   ` Rene
From: Rene @ 2013-09-27  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@...> writes:

> For the sake of completion, I think that, starting with Emacs 24, it's better
> to use their new "custom theme" mechanism, which is more general than the
> `color-theme' package (and offers the same services regarding color themes).

You're right.  "DefTheme" is the way to go and should be advised on the worg
page: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-color-themes.html

Thanks.

--

@ 2013-09-27  4:23     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-09-27  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rene; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rene,

would you like to prepare a patch for the site?

- Carsten

On 27.9.2013, at 04:08, Rene <jlr_0@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@...> writes:
>
>> For the sake of completion, I think that, starting with Emacs 24, it's better
>> to use their new "custom theme" mechanism, which is more general than the
>> `color-theme' package (and offers the same services regarding color themes).
>
> You're right.  "DefTheme" is the way to go and should be advised on the worg
> page: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-color-themes.html
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Rene

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: Elpa color-theme with emacs24
@ 2013-09-27 12:57     ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-09-27 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rene,

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 02:08:43AM +0000, Rene wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@...> writes:
>
> > For the sake of completion, I think that, starting with Emacs 24, it's better
> > to use their new "custom theme" mechanism, which is more general than the
> > `color-theme' package (and offers the same services regarding color themes).
>
> You're right.  "DefTheme" is the way to go and should be advised on the worg
> page: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-color-themes.html

At least one of the themes on that page has an updated version using
def-theme:

  <https://github.com/suvayu/.emacs.d/blob/master/themes/dark-emacs-theme.el>

I'm the maintainer.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Elpa color-theme with emacs24
@ 2013-09-30 20:46       ` Rene
From: Rene @ 2013-09-30 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> would you like to prepare a patch for the site?

As requested, a possible contribution could be the following.

* DefTheme: The enhanced theme-handling system for Emacs24

As a replacement for =Color Theme=, Emacs 24+ comes with a different
system called =DefTheme=.

DefTheme offers a selection of built-in themes that you can choose
from.

In order to choose a different theme from the default one just do a

                =M-x load-theme=

You can also change your default theme to _<theme-name>_ by adding the
following your Emacs configuration

              =(load-theme '<theme-name> t)=

If you’d like to return to the default-theme just do a

              =M-x disable-theme=

Here is a list of some extra elpa packages that have been specifically
customized to org-mode.  Note that the proper deftheme naming
convention is _name-theme.el_ (instead of _color-theme-name.el_ used with
the old =color-theme= package).

Some deftheme elpa packages useful to org users: =cyberpunk-theme=,
=leuven-theme=, =tangotango-theme=, =zenburn-theme=

Rene