* Two minor issues in the transition to org mode 8
@ 2013-04-24  8:24 Fabrice Rossi
From: Fabrice Rossi @ 2013-04-24  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I've just updated to org-mode 8.0 (Org-mode version 8.0
(8.0-3-g7248fb-elpa @ /home/rossi/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130418/)). This
was rather smoother than I thought, but I've spotted two issues that are
not mentioned in an obvious way (at least in my opinion) in the  upgrade
guide (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html). The following test
demonstrates the two issues:
#+MACRO: mylink http://this.org/that/
* Testing org 8.0
This works: @@html:<a href="http://test.org/">a link</a>@@.

But this does not work anymore @<a href="http://test.org/">a link@</a>.

And this does not work anymore also [[{{{mylink}}}apage.html][a page]].

The first issue is that, if I'm not doing anything wrong, the @ trick for
quoting HTML tags (http://orgmode.org/org.html#Quoting-HTML-tags) does
not work anymore with the new HTML exporter. Unfortunately, this is
unclear in the upgrade guide (export snippets) and, more importantly,
the document still claims that the old quoting works.

The second one might be more my own fault. I was using macros to
simplify hyperlinks, see abovve. For some reason, the line which uses the
macro is now exported as

And this does not work anymore also <i>a page</i>.

This is easy to fix with the link abbreviation system, of course, but if
I'm not the only one to abuse the macros, it might be worth to mention
the issue in the upgrade guide (actually both issues). I'm not a Worg author
and I don't feel confident enough in my emacs/org skills to become one, so I
hope reporting the issues on the list (of which I'm not a member) is ok.

Best regards,

Fabrice

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-04-24  8:25 UTC | newest]