* Disable links in Latex export
@ 2012-04-11 17:08 SW
From: SW @ 2012-04-11 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm exporting a structured document to Latex/PDF. The table of contents contains
hyperlinks for each section which I would like to disable. I tried setting
"org-export-latex-href" and "org-export-latex-hyperref" to empty strings, but
this did not help. Thanks.

* Re: Disable links in Latex export
@ 2012-04-11 18:01 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-04-11 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SW; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

SW <sabrewolfy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm exporting a structured document to Latex/PDF. The table of contents contains
> hyperlinks for each section which I would like to disable. I tried setting
> "org-export-latex-href" and "org-export-latex-hyperref" to empty strings, but
> this did not help. Thanks.

There are no such variables. There are variables
org-export-latex-href-format and org-export-latex-hyperref-format but
they are used for links in the document body.  The TOC is under the
control of latex and hyperref, so you cannot use either of these to
influence it.

The only way I know of to disable links completely is to not use
hyperref at all. You can redefine the package list appropriately.
Unfortunately, I think there is an unconditional \hypersetup
inserted by the latex exporter that would then break things -
there is even a FIXME: note:

,----
|      ;; add some hyperref options
|      ;; FIXME: let's have a defcustom for this?
|      (format "\\hypersetup{\n  pdfkeywords={%s},\n  pdfsubject={%s},\n  pdfcreator={%s}}\n"
|          (org-export-latex-fontify-headline keywords)
|          (org-export-latex-fontify-headline description)
| 	 (concat "Emacs Org-mode version " org-version))
`----

Given that the new latex exporter is where all the action is right now,
I don't foresee that this is going to be fixed.

If all you care about is the *appearance*, rather than the existence of
links, however, you can use hyperref package options to influence
that. For example

    \usepackage[pdfborder={0,0,0}]{hyperref}

will get rid of the red boxes around the links in the TOC: they are
still links, they are just not that obvious any more.  You can do that
by customizing the org-export-latex-default-packages-alist variable:
just add the above option (without the square brackets) to the hyperref
package entry.

Nick

* Re: Disable links in Latex export
@ 2012-04-26  8:51   ` Eric Fraga
From: Eric Fraga @ 2012-04-26  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, SW

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

[...]

> If all you care about is the *appearance*, rather than the existence of
> links, however, you can use hyperref package options to influence
> that. For example
>
>     \usepackage[pdfborder={0,0,0}]{hyperref}
>
> will get rid of the red boxes around the links in the TOC: they are
> still links, they are just not that obvious any more.  You can do that
> by customizing the org-export-latex-default-packages-alist variable:
> just add the above option (without the square brackets) to the hyperref
> package entry.

adding the line

#+latex_header: \hypersetup{pdfborder={0,0,0}}

in the org document should be sufficient?

In practice, I actually do:

#+latex_header: \hypersetup{colorlinks=true}

which still colours the links but gets rid of the ugly boxes.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.06 (release_7.8.06.181.g67694.dirty)

* Re: Disable links in Latex export
@ 2012-04-26 11:47     ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-04-26 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos, SW, emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Eric Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>

> [...]
>
>> If all you care about is the *appearance*, rather than the existence of
>> links, however, you can use hyperref package options to influence
>> that. For example
>>
>>     \usepackage[pdfborder={0,0,0}]{hyperref}
>>
>> will get rid of the red boxes around the links in the TOC: they are
>> still links, they are just not that obvious any more.  You can do that
>> by customizing the org-export-latex-default-packages-alist variable:
>> just add the above option (without the square brackets) to the hyperref
>> package entry.
>
> adding the line
>
> #+latex_header: \hypersetup{pdfborder={0,0,0}}
>
> in the org document should be sufficient?
>
> In practice, I actually do:
>
> #+latex_header: \hypersetup{colorlinks=true}

And red isn't my cup of tea, so I use:

#+LATEX_HEADER: \hypersetup{colorlinks=true,urlcolor=blue}

@ 2012-05-29 12:08   ` SW
From: SW @ 2012-05-29 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos <at> hp.com> writes:

<snip>

> You can do that by customizing the org-export-latex-default-packages-alist
> variable: just add the above option (without the square brackets) to the
> hyperref package entry.

Thanks. This worked -- the red boxes are no longer displayed.

* Re: Disable links in Latex export
@ 2012-05-29 12:12     ` SW
From: SW @ 2012-05-29 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric Fraga <e.fraga <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> adding the line
>
> #+latex_header: \hypersetup{pdfborder={0,0,0}}
>
> in the org document should be sufficient?

Yes, this works too -- the boxes are "invisible" now.

> In practice, I actually do:
>
> #+latex_header: \hypersetup{colorlinks=true}
>
> which still colours the links but gets rid of the ugly boxes.

This is also a great solution thanks. The colour shows they are different
(links) but the (ugly) boxes are not shown. Thanks.

* Re: Disable links in Latex export
@ 2012-05-29 12:17       ` SW
From: SW @ 2012-05-29 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> And red isn't my cup of tea, so I use:
>
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \hypersetup{colorlinks=true,urlcolor=blue}

Thanks, but it's "linkcolor" not "urlcolor" for the internal links in the TOC.