* Solution for compatible file linking?
@ 2012-03-08  9:08 Erwin Panen
From: Erwin Panen @ 2012-03-08  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

I'm using orgmode in a multi OS environment. (OS X, Linux & Windows)
Most of the time I carry a USB-drive or stick.
I try to keep all linked files inside the same directory structure
used on all OS's.

Does anyone have a solution to keep links in Orgmode files intact
between OS's?
I realize the mount point is crucial in this respect.
But on Windows systems, the drive letter can change quite at random...

Or could windows shellinks
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb776891%28v=vs.85%29.aspx)
or IUniformResourceLocator (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229092)
provide a solution? (I have not investigated this yet)

Thanks!

Erwin

* Re: Solution for compatible file linking?
@ 2012-03-08 10:47 ` Erwin Panen
From: Erwin Panen @ 2012-03-08 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using orgmode in a multi OS environment. (OS X, Linux & Windows)
> Most of the time I carry a USB-drive or stick.
> I try to keep all linked files inside the same directory structure
> used on all OS's.
>
> Does anyone have a solution to keep links in Orgmode files intact
> between OS's?
> I realize the mount point is crucial in this respect.
> But on Windows systems, the drive letter can change quite at random...
>
> Or could windows shellinks

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb776891%28v=vs.85%29.aspx)
> or IUniformResourceLocator (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229092)
> provide a solution? (I have not investigated this yet)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Erwin

Erwin Panen <erwinpanen <at> fastmail.fm> writes:
Maybe running a portable app webserver might be a solution?
Could this serve up "a uniform" file location for linking from within orgmode?

Just a thought.

Erwin