* Emacs package management with org-mode
@ 2009-11-14 18:35 andrea Crotti
From: andrea Crotti @ 2009-11-14 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was keeping a list of packages I use with emacs (here)
http://github.com/AndreaCrotti/Emacs-conf/blob/master/.emacs.d/README.txt

but now I had another idea, why don't create a table with org mode?

I thought a table like

| PACK | UPDATE CMD | REPO | COMMENT | RANK | CONF |

where
PACK: name and link
UPDATE CMD: command shell or elisp to give to update it
REPO: where is actually stored (could be a file or a directory)
CONF: my configuration file

So in this way in my dream if for example I want to update auto-complete
my function
- looks for it on the table
- cd to the right directory
- git pull the differences (and do other things as needed)

and I have all the informations in one table.

It's not so easy I guess but it maybe worth the effort, what do you think?
Thanks