From: PT <spamfilteraccount@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: RSI
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 05:50:57 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Daniel Martins <danielemc <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sticky keys takes some getting used to. It makes every modifier key
> work a little like caps lock. Sounds horrible, doesn't it? Well, it's
> not really. Basically, if you press control once, it "locks" control
> down for the next keystroke only, after which point the keyboard
> returns to normal. Press control twice, and it locks down until you
> release it with a third press.
> C-x C-f
> Used to be: press and hold control. Press and release x. press and
> release f. Release control.
> Now it's Press and release control twice. Press and release x. press
> and release f. Press and release control.

I don't know which implementation you use, but with Windows' built-in
sticky key setup there is no change compared to the usual order of keys:

press/release ctrl, press/release x, press/release ctrl, press/release f

No need to press and release control twice at the beginning, so it's the
same number of keypresses as the usual method, you only need to pay
attention you release the previous key before pressing the next one.

> This turns out to be easier on my hands because I don't find myself
> contorting my hands across the keyboard while I try to hold down more
> than one key at a time.

Very true. Two keys should never be pressed with the same hand at the
same time.