* Announcing my Python module to read org-mode files
@ 2009-03-15  3:37 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2009-03-15  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Over the last couple of months I have developed a Python module
to read an org-mode file and return the nodes as a list
of objects.  The module is the basis of a Python/TK GUI
program to display a "Word of the Day" (another article
will be published about this program soon).

Here is the article (and source code)
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/orgnode.html

This is an example of what the module can do:

import Orgnode
nodelist = Orgnode.makelist("newgtd.org")

print "\n--------- PROJECT LIST ----------------"
for node in nodelist:
   if node.Tag() == "PROJECT":
       print "[ ]", node.Heading()

I hope the module is of interest to Python programmers!

Charles