* Multi-line Diary Entry
@ 2007-11-07 20:30 Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2007-11-07 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

Hi,

It seems there is a bug in dealing with multi-line diary entries in
org-agenda. For example, I have a diary entry like this:

%%(diary-cyclic 1 11 7 2007) 5:25pm End of Day:
                                      - Review tomorrow's task.
                                      - Check tomorrow's schedule in Outlook
                                      - Check weather forecast

When diary entry is included in org agenda, the sub-lines are separated
from the main line, something like this:

Thursday   8 November 2007
  Diary:      17:25...... End of Day:
  WorkEnv:    Scheduled:  TODO Fill in timesheet
  Diary:      - Review tomorrow's task.
  Diary:      - Check tomorrow's schedule in Outlook
  Diary:      - Check weather forecast

Thanks if someone can take a look into this.

Wanrong

* Re: Multi-line Diary Entry
@ 2007-11-07 23:26 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-07 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Wanrong,

Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin@gmail.com> writes:

> When diary entry is included in org agenda, the sub-lines are separated
> from the main line, something like this:

This issue has been raised before:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/4023

I don't have a solution but this might shed some light on the problem
itself. HTH,

--
Bastien

* Re: Multi-line Diary Entry
@ 2007-11-08 15:24 ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2007-11-08 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It seems there is a bug in dealing with multi-line diary entries in
> org-agenda. For example, I have a diary entry like this:
>
> %%(diary-cyclic 1 11 7 2007) 5:25pm End of Day:
>                                       - Review tomorrow's task.
>                                       - Check tomorrow's schedule in Outlook
>                                       - Check weather forecast
>
> When diary entry is included in org agenda, the sub-lines are separated
> from the main line, something like this:
>
> Thursday   8 November 2007
>   Diary:      17:25...... End of Day:
>   WorkEnv:    Scheduled:  TODO Fill in timesheet
>   Diary:      - Review tomorrow's task.
>   Diary:      - Check tomorrow's schedule in Outlook
>   Diary:      - Check weather forecast

The function org-get-entries-from-diary just does a (org-split-string entries
"\n") on the contents it gets from the fancy calendar display. So of course
you'll get them as separate entries and then sorted (probably according to
category).

I presume you'd like the lines to stay together?

As a workaround you could just put three separate tasks in your diary i.e.

%%(diary-cyclic 1 11 7 2007) 5:25pm Review tomorrow's task)
%%(diary-cyclic 1 11 7 2007) 5:25pm Check tomorrow's schedule in Outlook)
%%(diary-cyclic 1 11 7 2007) 5:25pm Check weather forecast)

HTH
Christian