* Problem when customizing TODO sequence
@ 2007-06-07 11:17 Jonathan Underwood
From: Jonathan Underwood @ 2007-06-07 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

In my .emacs, I have this:

(setq org-todo-keywords
      '((sequence "TODO" "IN-PROGRESS" "|" "DONE" "CANCELLED")))

and when I pressC-c C-t I get this:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integerp sequence)
  org-todo(nil)
  call-interactively(org-todo)

This is with GNU Emacs 22 and org-mode 4.77.

Am I doing something stupid, or is this a bug?

Jonathan

* Re: Problem when customizing TODO sequence
@ 2007-06-07 13:55 ` Jonathan G. Underwood
From: Jonathan G. Underwood @ 2007-06-07 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jonathan Underwood <jonathan.underwood <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In my .emacs, I have this:
>
> (setq org-todo-keywords
>       '((sequence "TODO" "IN-PROGRESS" "|" "DONE" "CANCELLED")))
>
> and when I pressC-c C-t I get this:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integerp sequence)
>   org-todo(nil)
>   call-interactively(org-todo)
>
> This is with GNU Emacs 22 and org-mode 4.77.
>
> Am I doing something stupid, or is this a bug?

Actually, I was doing something stupid, for some reason the earlier version of
org-mode that is shipped with emacs 22 was being used (I am not sure why).
Anyway, I have that fixed, but it still does not work. Now when I do org-todo
(C-c C-t) the todo state rotates between no state, TODO and DONE. Examining
org-todo-keywords and org-todo-keywords-1 shows:

org-todo-keywords is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is
((sequence "TODO" "IN-PROGRESS" "|" "DONE" "CANCELLED"))

org-todo-keywords-1 is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is ("TODO" "DONE")

So, why is org-todo-keywords-1 not inheriting the value of org-todo-keywords ?

* Re: Re: Problem when customizing TODO sequence
@ 2007-06-07 14:53   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-07 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan G. Underwood; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Try restarting Emacs, to make sure everything is consistent.  Then
check the value of the variable org-version to make sure that you are
using the right value.  Finally, make sure that you have no
buffer-local settings for the TODO states, like

#SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE

- Carsten

On Jun 7, 2007, at 15:55, Jonathan G. Underwood wrote:

> Jonathan Underwood <jonathan.underwood <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> In my .emacs, I have this:
>>
>> (setq org-todo-keywords
>>       '((sequence "TODO" "IN-PROGRESS" "|" "DONE" "CANCELLED")))
>>
>> and when I pressC-c C-t I get this:
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integerp sequence)
>>   org-todo(nil)
>>   call-interactively(org-todo)
>>
>> This is with GNU Emacs 22 and org-mode 4.77.
>>
>> Am I doing something stupid, or is this a bug?
>

> Actually, I was doing something stupid, for some reason the earlier
> version of
> org-mode that is shipped with emacs 22 was being used (I am not sure
> why).
> Anyway, I have that fixed, but it still does not work. Now when I do
> org-todo
> (C-c C-t) the todo state rotates between no state, TODO and DONE.
> Examining
> org-todo-keywords and org-todo-keywords-1 shows:
>
> org-todo-keywords is a variable defined in `org.el'.
> Its value is
> ((sequence "TODO" "IN-PROGRESS" "|" "DONE" "CANCELLED"))
>
> org-todo-keywords-1 is a variable defined in `org.el'.
> Its value is ("TODO" "DONE")
>
> So, why is org-todo-keywords-1 not inheriting the value of
> org-todo-keywords ?

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: Re: Problem when customizing TODO sequence
@ 2007-06-07 14:59     ` Jonathan Underwood
From: Jonathan Underwood @ 2007-06-07 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 07/06/07, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> Try restarting Emacs, to make sure everything is consistent.

Done. It is.

> Then
> check the value of the variable org-version to make sure that you are
> using the right value.

C-h v org-version reports 4.76, so i think that's ok (I noticed
earlier you hadn't bumped version between 4.76 and 4.77).

> Finally, make sure that you have no
> buffer-local settings for the TODO states, like
>
> #SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE

I have no such buffer local settings.

OTOH, everything works as expected if I DO add a buffer local setting
of #SEQ_TODO.

So I think there is a bug which is stopping org-todo-keywords-1 when
org-todo-keywords is set.

J.