* Org-mode to blog with Drupal/Wordpress?
@ 2009-11-11 16:19 U Avalos
From: U Avalos @ 2009-11-11 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all. I know that there are various packages out there to use org-mode to
publish *websites* but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Is there a way to
use org-mode to add posts to an existing Drupal or Wordpress site? (I believe
they both use the same API, that's why I'm mentioning both.) I also know I can
just cut-and-paste text into the web browser, but that method fails for
images.

As a plus, it would be great if I could also edit *existing* posts (even if
using nxtml-mode or html-mode)... but I'm happy if you could just add new
posts...

Thanks!

--Uri

* Re: Org-mode to blog with Drupal/Wordpress?
@ 2009-11-12 10:39 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2009-11-12 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Uri,

At Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:19:27 -0500,
U Avalos wrote:

> Hi all. I know that there are various packages out there to use org-mode to
> publish *websites* but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Is there a way to
> use org-mode to add posts to an existing Drupal or Wordpress site? (I believe
> they both use the same API, that's why I'm mentioning both.) I also know I can
> just cut-and-paste text into the web browser, but that method fails for
> images.
>
> As a plus, it would be great if I could also edit *existing* posts (even if
> using nxtml-mode or html-mode)... but I'm happy if you could just add new
> posts...

As far as I am aware there's no such extension to orgmode right now. A
fast glance on drupals and wordpress' remote editing capabilities
shows that they use different APIs but both use xmlrpc. So in theory
it should be possible as there already is a xml-rpc library for Emacs
that works according to my experiments with xml-rpc.el quite well.

Regards,

  --David
--
OpenPGP... 0x316F4BE4670716FD
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

* Re: Org-mode to blog with Drupal/Wordpress?
@ 2009-11-19 15:39   ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2009-11-19 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

David Maus <maus.david@gmail.com> writes:
> At Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:19:27 -0500,
> U Avalos wrote:
>> Hi all. I know that there are various packages out there to use org-mode to
>> publish *websites* but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Is there a way to
>> use org-mode to add posts to an existing Drupal or Wordpress site? (I believe
>> they both use the same API, that's why I'm mentioning both.) I also know I can
>> just cut-and-paste text into the web browser, but that method fails for
>> images.
>>
>> As a plus, it would be great if I could also edit *existing* posts (even if
>> using nxtml-mode or html-mode)... but I'm happy if you could just add new
>> posts...
>
> As far as I am aware there's no such extension to orgmode right now. A
> fast glance on drupals and wordpress' remote editing capabilities
> shows that they use different APIs but both use xmlrpc. So in theory
> it should be possible as there already is a xml-rpc library for Emacs
> that works according to my experiments with xml-rpc.el quite well.

I'm a bit late on this, but I just tried editing Drupal blogs with
Weblogger-Mode (see http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WebloggerMode), and
it works right out of the box. I wrote about the details here:

http://www.randomsample.de/dru5/node/76

You can also edit existing entries - it's really a great package. I
guess one could hook weblogger directly into orgmode, but manually
exporting to HTML and then doing a quick copy&paste isn't really a big
deal.

-David