* Dropbox integration suddenly stopped working with Mobile-Org
@ 2013-01-31 22:34 Benjamin Alexander
From: Benjamin Alexander @ 2013-01-31 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all!

I've been a happy (!) user of Mobile-Org for some time now, on the iPhone, and a
few months ago I switched to Dropbox integration.  Things have gone fine until
today when I synced for the first time in a week or so.  The Dropbox password
that was saved, and had worked fine (and still works from the web interface)
simply gives an error message from within the "Settings" page of Mobile-Org.

Dropbox Error
Bad username and password or network error.

The strange thing is, the Dropbox app works fine.  So it isn't a network problem
(at least, not a simple case of being offline). And I've tried retyping the
password, with and without a terminating <return> as the known issue from the
Mobile-Org web page suggests.  The files are still on Dropbox and I can still
push and pull (though there is nothing new to pull) from within emacs.

I'm really stumped.  I don't even know where to look on the iPhone for log
messages.  I've even tried using my old phone (which was configured to use my
now discontinued webdav server) using dropbox and I get the same error.

My current phone is running iOS 6.0.1 (10A523). I have not installed the new iOS
update yet.  I am considering doing that to see if it helps, but I know I can't
roll it back.

I've also considered deleting mobile-org and reinstalling, but I'm worried that
mobile-org isn't in the App store anymore so I may lose all functionality!

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would really appreciate it.

Best Wishes,
Ben

* Re: Dropbox integration suddenly stopped working with Mobile-Org
@ 2013-02-01 10:19 ` Adrian Tritschler
From: Adrian Tritschler @ 2013-02-01 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Benjamin> Hello all!  I've been a happy (!) user of Mobile-Org for some
Benjamin> time now, on the iPhone, and a few months ago I switched to
Benjamin> Dropbox integration.  Things have gone fine until today when I
Benjamin> synced for the first time in a week or so.  The Dropbox
Benjamin> password that was saved, and had worked fine (and still works
Benjamin> from the web interface) simply gives an error message from
Benjamin> within the "Settings" page of Mobile-Org.

Benjamin> Dropbox Error Bad username and password or network error.

The same thing has just happened to me.  I've been using org-mode for
years, org-mobile on my iPhone for a couple of years (I suspect) and on
an Android tablet for about a year.  I went away on holiday a week ago
and had no net access, when I came back I tried to synch. the iPhone app
and I get the same error.

Dropbox integration from other iPhone apps still works fine, as does
browsing via safari.

Benjamin> The strange thing is, the Dropbox app works fine.  So it isn't
Benjamin> a network problem (at least, not a simple case of being
Benjamin> offline). And I've tried retyping the password, with and
Benjamin> without a terminating <return> as the known issue from the
Benjamin> Mobile-Org web page suggests.  The files are still on Dropbox
Benjamin> and I can still push and pull (though there is nothing new to
Benjamin> pull) from within emacs.

Benjamin> I'm really stumped.  I don't even know where to look on the
Benjamin> iPhone for log messages.  I've even tried using my old phone
Benjamin> (which was configured to use my now discontinued webdav
Benjamin> server) using dropbox and I get the same error.

Benjamin> My current phone is running iOS 6.0.1 (10A523). I have not
Benjamin> installed the new iOS update yet.  I am considering doing that
Benjamin> to see if it helps, but I know I can't roll it back.

Happens on my phone running iOS 6.0.1 and 6.1 (updated some time this
afternoon)

Benjamin> I've also considered deleting mobile-org and reinstalling, but
Benjamin> I'm worried that mobile-org isn't in the App store anymore so
Benjamin> I may lose all functionality!

Benjamin> Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would really appreciate
Benjamin> it.

Benjamin> Best Wishes, Ben

          Adrian
--
Adrian Tritschler                          mailto:ajft@ajft.org
Latitude 38°S, Longitude 145°E, Altitude 50m,      Shoe size 44

* Re: Dropbox integration suddenly stopped working with Mobile-Org
@ 2013-02-07  6:11   ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2013-02-07  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Tritschler, bva; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org