* bug#30321: 25.3; Melpa ox- packages listed as incompatible
       [not found] <1517504157.12390.0.camel@pobox.com>
@ 2018-02-01 18:01 ` Glenn Morris
       [not found] ` <vha7wsvbaw.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: Glenn Morris @ 2018-02-01 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Roca; +Cc: 30321

Luis Roca wrote:

> Installing ox-rst returns the following error in *Messages*:
>
>            `Incompatible because it depends on uninstallable packages.`
>
> Reviewing other Org export packages reveals the same note for each.

I would guess this is because Org is not recognized as a built-in
package (see https://debbugs.gnu.org/30310), and no longer available
from any of the standard elpas.

@ 2018-02-03  2:14   ` Glenn Morris
       [not found]     ` <87zi4qupx4.fsf@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
From: Glenn Morris @ 2018-02-03  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 30321-done

Version: 26.1

Glenn Morris wrote:

> I would guess this is because Org is not recognized as a built-in
> package (see https://debbugs.gnu.org/30310),

This is now fixed for the next release of Emacs.

> and no longer available from any of the standard elpas.

If it's no longer to be on elpa.gnu.org, I guess you will have to add
https://orgmode.org/elpa to your packages-archives.

* bug#30321: 25.3; Melpa ox- packages listed as incompatible
@ 2018-02-03 14:08     ` Nicolas Goaziou
       [not found]     ` <87zi4qupx4.fsf@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-02-03 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 30321; +Cc: roca, rgm

Hello,

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Version: 26.1
>
> Glenn Morris wrote:
>
>> I would guess this is because Org is not recognized as a built-in
>> package (see https://debbugs.gnu.org/30310),
>
> This is now fixed for the next release of Emacs.

Thank you.

>> and no longer available from any of the standard elpas.
>
> If it's no longer to be on elpa.gnu.org, I guess you will have to add
> https://orgmode.org/elpa to your packages-archives.

Note that there is no intent to remove Org from GNU ELPA. Alas, at the
moment, I have no clue (apart the fact we changed servers and moved to
https) about why Org disappeared.

Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2018-02-04 18:00       ` Glenn Morris
       [not found]       ` <rjh8qwmy8e.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: Glenn Morris @ 2018-02-04 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: 30321, roca, Nicolas Goaziou

Stefan, can you shed any light as to why Org is no longer on elpa.gnu.org?

(BTW, I think it would be good if elpa.gnu.org listed a contact email
for these kinds of questions.)

@ 2018-02-04 21:57         ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2018-02-04 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 30321, roca, Nicolas Goaziou

> Stefan, can you shed any light as to why Org is no longer on elpa.gnu.org?

I wasn't aware of it.  I'll try and investigate,

        Stefan