From: Ilya Shlyakhter <ilya_shl@alum.mit.edu>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-babel tangling + ascii export
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:57:31 -0400	[thread overview]

>>> The text is picked from the leading context of the tangled code and is
>> limited by the nearest headline or source block as the case may be.
>>
>> I want all text from the Org file included, not just "leading context up to
>> nearest headline".
>
> The above text means "per code block", so the entire file is exported.
>
>> I also want the hierarchical structure of the included text preserved,
>> as done by ASCII export.
>
> Please try to tangle the attached file, I believe it is what you want.

Not quite: in the file you sent, "This is a the top of an Org-mode
file." is not included in the tangled file.   Also, in the slightly
expanded version of your example I'm attaching, the high-level comments
at the top of the file are not included.  Also, when I nest another
headline inside "Headline 1", only the content of that headline --
not of Headline 1 -- is included.

I'm attaching the current result of tangling, as well as what I ideally
want.  example-idea.el was produced by doing an ASCII export, then
commenting everything in it except the code blocks.  The resulting file
is both fully executable and contains everything from the original org
file, so it stands on its own and is independent of Emacs/Org.

Thanks for help,

ilya