* org-reverse-note-order and date-tree
@ 2010-04-02  6:55 Evan
From: Evan @ 2010-04-02  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It seems that the org-reverse-note-order has no effects on the
following remember template

("Diary"  ?d  "* %U\n  %?\n  %i\n  %a"  "daily_notes/diary.org"  date-tree)

Is this a feature?

Is it possible to to get a headline of reverse date tree in the
remember template?

* Re: org-reverse-note-order and date-tree
@ 2010-04-06  5:20 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-06  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 2, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Evan wrote:

> It seems that the org-reverse-note-order has no effects on the
> following remember template
>
> ("Diary"  ?d  "* %U\n  %?\n  %i\n  %a"  "daily_notes/diary.org"
> date-tree)
>
> Is this a feature?

You might call it an incompleteness of the implementation.  I have a
hard time why, if you are creating a new node every day, you'd like
the subnodes first on top.  Actually, I see now that in the
implementation I purposely turned this feature off for the date
trees.  Can you explain why you want it reversed?

> Is it possible to to get a headline of reverse date tree in the
> remember template?

Well, this question I did not understand.  Please try again.

- Carsten

* Re: org-reverse-note-order and date-tree
@ 2010-04-16  7:25   ` Evan
From: Evan @ 2010-04-16  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sorry for a delayed response, I missed your message.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Carsten Dominik
<carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Evan wrote:
>
>> It seems that the org-reverse-note-order has no effects on the
>> following remember template
>>
>> ("Diary"  ?d  "* %U\n  %?\n  %i\n  %a"  "daily_notes/diary.org"
>>  date-tree)
>>
>> Is this a feature?
>
> You might call it an incompleteness of the implementation.  I have a hard
> time why, if you are creating a new node every day, you'd like the subnodes
> first on top.  Actually, I see now that in the implementation I purposely
> turned this feature off for the date trees.  Can you explain why you want it
> reversed?

In fact, I don't need this. I was just trying to configure org mode
such that in some files the notes are created in the reverse order,
while in the other files they are created in the normal order. But I
didn't figure out how to do this (I still don't know how to do this, I
find no document on this and have little knowledge on lisp. Any hint
on this?). So I just put

(setq org-reverse-note-order t)

into .emacs with the worry whether it will affect the date trees.

>> Is it possible to to get a headline of reverse date tree in the
>> remember template?
>
> Well, this question I did not understand.  Please try again.

By a reverse date tree, I mean a date tree with the recent dates on
the top in contrast to the normal date tree.

Thanks.

* Re: org-reverse-note-order and date-tree
@ 2010-04-16  8:42     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-16  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 16, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Evan wrote:

> Sorry for a delayed response, I missed your message.
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Carsten Dominik
> <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 2, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Evan wrote:
>>
>>> It seems that the org-reverse-note-order has no effects on the
>>> following remember template
>>>
>>> ("Diary"  ?d  "* %U\n  %?\n  %i\n  %a"  "daily_notes/diary.org"
>>> date-tree)
>>>
>>> Is this a feature?
>>
>> You might call it an incompleteness of the implementation.  I have
>> a hard
>> time why, if you are creating a new node every day, you'd like the
>> subnodes
>> first on top.  Actually, I see now that in the implementation I
>> purposely
>> turned this feature off for the date trees.  Can you explain why
>> you want it
>> reversed?
>>

> In fact, I don't need this. I was just trying to configure org mode
> such that in some files the notes are created in the reverse order,
> while in the other files they are created in the normal order. But I
> didn't figure out how to do this (I still don't know how to do this, I
> find no document on this and have little knowledge on lisp. Any hint
> on this?). So I just put
>
> (setq org-reverse-note-order t)
>
> into .emacs with the worry whether it will affect the date trees.
>

>>> Is it possible to to get a headline of reverse date tree in the
>>> remember template?
>>
>> Well, this question I did not understand.  Please try again.
>>

> By a reverse date tree, I mean a date tree with the recent dates on
> the top in contrast to the normal date tree.

No, a reversed tree in this sense is not supported.

- Carsten

> Thanks.

- Carsten