* org-entry-get backward incompatibility. Bug or feature?
@ 2019-06-13 18:12 John
From: John @ 2019-06-13 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm migrating an older system for Org 8 to the latest
version (9.2.4) and I found org-entry-get behaves differently.

For the entry:

    ** TODO task
    SCHEDULED: <2019-06-14 Fri 09:15>

With Org 8 (org-entry-get nil "SCHEDULED") returns:

   2019-06-14 Fri 09:15

while with Org 9.2.4 for the same returns:

   <2019-06-14 Fri 09:15>

Is this a bug? Why Org 9 returns the brackets too in addition to the time?

* Re: org-entry-get backward incompatibility. Bug or feature?
@ 2019-06-19 18:59 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-06-19 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

John <dernal@freemail.hu> writes:

> I'm migrating an older system for Org 8 to the latest
> version (9.2.4) and I found org-entry-get behaves differently.
>
> For the entry:
>
>     ** TODO task
>     SCHEDULED: <2019-06-14 Fri 09:15>
>

> With Org 8 (org-entry-get nil "SCHEDULED") returns:
>
>    2019-06-14 Fri 09:15
>

> while with Org 9.2.4 for the same returns:
>
>    <2019-06-14 Fri 09:15>
>

> Is this a bug? Why Org 9 returns the brackets too in addition to the
> time?

This isn't a bug. `org-entry-get' is expected to return the full value,
which is a timestamp. Timestamps include brackets.

Nicolas Goaziou