* Converting dates to org-mode dates
@ 2007-11-12 13:20 Chris Randle
From: Chris Randle @ 2007-11-12 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I've been converting a file that contains dates in this format:

dd/mm/yyyy

to Org-mode inactive format. It's pretty simple using regular expression
search & replace, except that I get this far:

[yyyy-mm-dd ]

and can't find a way to put the day of the week in there. Individually,
I can do a 'C-u 0 S-right' on each date, and that shifts the date 0 days
into the future, and fills in the day of the week.

This also impacts on cases (unusual and unlikely, I grant you) where you
might have an incorrect day:

[2007-11-12 Tue] (should be Mon)

As far as I can see, that will stay like this until the date is shifted
in some way.

Is there any way to parse an entire region/buffer for Org-mode dates and
refresh their day of the week text?

--
Chris Randle
GNU Emacs 22.1.1