* Question: C-c C-w
@ 2007-11-07 16:39 Carsten Dominik
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-11-07 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

is anyone using the command `C-c C-w' a lot?
I am planning to use these keys for a different purpose,
and to make `org-check-deadline' accessible only
through the sparse tree command `C-c /'

- Carsten

* Re: Question: C-c C-w
@ 2007-11-07 18:46 ` William Henney
From: William Henney @ 2007-11-07 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/7/07, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
> is anyone using the command `C-c C-w' a lot?
> I am planning to use these keys for a different purpose,
> and to make `org-check-deadline' accessible only
> through the sparse tree command `C-c /'

Personally, I have only ever used it by mistake when I meant to use
`C-c C-x C-w'

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia

* Re: Question: C-c C-w
@ 2007-11-07 22:48 ` Daniel J. Sinder
From: Daniel J. Sinder @ 2007-11-07 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/07/2007 08:39 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> is anyone using the command `C-c C-w' a lot?
> I am planning to use these keys for a different purpose,
> and to make `org-check-deadline' accessible only
> through the sparse tree command `C-c /'

Never used it, but maybe I should have ;)

* TODO Figure out what C-c C-w does
  DEADLINE: <2007-04-01 Sun>

* Re: Question: C-c C-w
@ 2007-11-07 23:17 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-07 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> is anyone using the command `C-c C-w' a lot?

FWIW, I'm not using it at all, but I always thought I *should* :)

--
Bastien

* Re: Question: C-c C-w
@ 2007-11-08  9:31   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-11-08  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On  8Nov2007, at 12:17 AM, Bastien wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> is anyone using the command `C-c C-w' a lot?
>
> FWIW, I'm not using it at all, but I always thought I *should* :)

No, I don't think so, the agenda is better for looking at deadlines.
This is pretty much obsolete, IMHO.

- Carsten

* Re: Question: C-c C-w
@ 2007-11-08 12:57     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-11-08 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On  8Nov2007, at 12:17 AM, Bastien wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> is anyone using the command `C-c C-w' a lot?
>>
>> FWIW, I'm not using it at all, but I always thought I *should* :)
>
> No, I don't think so, the agenda is better for looking at deadlines.
> This is pretty much obsolete, IMHO.

I tried it ages ago just to see what it does but never use it now.  The
agenda works great for viewing deadlines.  Anything that doesn't show up
on the agenda just isn't important enough to look at yet from a deadline
perspective.

Bernt

* Re: Re: Question: C-c C-w
@ 2007-11-08 14:02       ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2007-11-08 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:

>>> FWIW, I'm not using it at all, but I always thought I *should* :)
>> No, I don't think so, the agenda is better for looking at deadlines.
>> This is pretty much obsolete, IMHO.
>
> I tried it ages ago just to see what it does but never use it now.  The
> agenda works great for viewing deadlines.  Anything that doesn't show up
> on the agenda just isn't important enough to look at yet from a deadline
> perspective.

Same.  I say free the key-binding for something better :)

R.

* Re: Question: C-c C-w
@ 2007-11-08 14:55         ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-11-08 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rick Moynihan schrieb:
> Bernt Hansen wrote:
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:

>>> No, I don't think so, the agenda is better for looking at deadlines.
>>> This is pretty much obsolete, IMHO.
>>
>> I tried it ages ago just to see what it does but never use it now.  The
>> agenda works great for viewing deadlines.  Anything that doesn't show up
>> on the agenda just isn't important enough to look at yet from a deadline
>> perspective.
>>

> Same.  I say free the key-binding for something better :)

yes, agenda is enough to look at deadlines.

rainer

* Re: Re: Question: C-c C-w
@ 2007-11-09  7:00     ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2007-11-09  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 10:31:14AM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On  8Nov2007, at 12:17 AM, Bastien wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> is anyone using the command `C-c C-w' a lot?
>>
>> FWIW, I'm not using it at all, but I always thought I *should* :)

:-)))

> No, I don't think so, the agenda is better for looking at deadlines.
> This is pretty much obsolete, IMHO.

I agree,  please remove it.
I've just used it in a long file and I find it not immediate to
read all the file to look for the deadlines.
Yes, the Agenda is better.

Giovanni

--
    Giovanni Ridolfi, Chemist