* date format and locale
@ 2009-03-22  4:43 Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy
From: Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy @ 2009-03-22  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm a new comer to org-mode. I usually start my Emacs with vi_VN.UTF-8
locale and notice org-mode date output use the localized format too,
instead of standard one. I believe locale-independent format would be
better, but don't know how to do it. Seems like %a and other
locale-dependent must be replaced with locale-independent ones. Any
comments?

BTW, org-mode does not support timezone. I know Emacs' current-time
does not support timezone, so there is probably no way for org-mode to
detect correct timezone. But is there plan for supporting timezone
with user input, e.g. via property TIMEZONE?

Duy

* Re: date format and locale
@ 2009-03-22 15:43 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-03-22 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 22, 2009, at 5:43 AM, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a new comer to org-mode. I usually start my Emacs with vi_VN.UTF-8
> locale and notice org-mode date output use the localized format too,
> instead of standard one. I believe locale-independent format would be
> better, but don't know how to do it. Seems like %a and other
> locale-dependent must be replaced with locale-independent ones. Any
> comments?
>
> BTW, org-mode does not support timezone. I know Emacs' current-time
> does not support timezone, so there is probably no way for org-mode to
> detect correct timezone. But is there plan for supporting timezone
> with user input, e.g. via property TIMEZONE?

No, we do not have timezone support, and I don't think I want
to put it in, this would be messy and complex.

- Carsten