* Org-mode 5.06
@ 2007-08-24 12:00 Carsten Dominik
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-08-24 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here is a quick update, bug fixes plus a few small features.
Only on my website, not yet in Emacs - I don't have time right now.

http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/

Enjoy!

- Carsten

Changes in version 5.06
-----------------------

* Overview

   - Improved export of single (sub)trees.
   - New possibilities for C-a and C-e.
   - Command to set a tag in many headlines
   - Changed default for org-cycle-global-at-bob.
   - Bug fixes.

* Details

   - When exporting only a region and this region is a single
     (sub)tree (for example selected with `C-c @'), the title for
     the exported document is taken to be the heading of the
     subtree.  The sublevels become top-level entries in the
     export.  Furthermore, if the head entry of the tree has or
     inherits an EXPORT_FILE_NAME property, that file name (with
     appropriately substituted extension) will be used for the
     exported tree.  Thanks to Patrick Drechsler and Jost Burkart
     for these ideas.

   - org-special-ctrl-a/e has a third allowed value, `reversed'.
     When it is set to this value, the first C-a or C-e command
     behaves normally, i.e. it goes to the true beginning or end
     of the line.  Only when you press C-a or C-e immediately
     again, the the "special" position will be found.  Additional
     presses of the same key jump between the two positions.  I
     like this a lot better than the `t' setting, because now the
     keys behave more predictable and still give easy access to
     the special locations.

   - New command to set or remove a tag from all headlines in a
     region.

   - When Org-mode visits a file, it will initially hide all
     drawers.

   - The default of the variable `org-cycle-global-at-bob' is now
     nil, meaning that TAB no longer does global visibility
     cycling at the beginning of the buffer.

   - Bug fixes, in particular the problems with scheduling and
     deadlines introduced in 5.05.  Please check carefully if
     this works correctly again, and complain if not.

* Re: Org-mode 5.06
@ 2007-08-24 12:43 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-08-24 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>   - Bug fixes, in particular the problems with scheduling and
>     deadlines introduced in 5.05.  Please check carefully if
>     this works correctly again, and complain if not.

Looks like it works - thanks!

Bernt

* Re: Org-mode 5.06
@ 2007-08-24 12:55 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-08-24 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-08-24 13:00 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>   - org-special-ctrl-a/e has a third allowed value, `reversed'.
>     When it is set to this value, the first C-a or C-e command
>     behaves normally, i.e. it goes to the true beginning or end
>     of the line.  Only when you press C-a or C-e immediately
>     again, the the "special" position will be found.  Additional
>     presses of the same key jump between the two positions.  I
>     like this a lot better than the `t' setting, because now the
>     keys behave more predictable and still give easy access to
>     the special locations.

The value is not listed in the doc-string of org-special-ctrl-a/e.

         Gnus is one component of the Emacs operating system.

* Bug: all todos receive a once used timestamp in agenda view
@ 2007-08-24 18:52 ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-08-24 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
> Here is a quick update, bug fixes plus a few small features.
> Only on my website, not yet in Emacs - I don't have time right now.
>
> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/
>
> Enjoy!
>
> - Carsten
>

> Changes in version 5.06
> -----------------------
>
> * Overview
>
>   - Improved export of single (sub)trees.
>   - New possibilities for C-a and C-e.
>   - Command to set a tag in many headlines
>   - Changed default for org-cycle-global-at-bob.
>   - Bug fixes.
>
> * Details
>
>   - When exporting only a region and this region is a single
>     (sub)tree (for example selected with `C-c @'), the title for
>     the exported document is taken to be the heading of the
>     subtree.  The sublevels become top-level entries in the
>     export.  Furthermore, if the head entry of the tree has or
>     inherits an EXPORT_FILE_NAME property, that file name (with
>     appropriately substituted extension) will be used for the
>     exported tree.  Thanks to Patrick Drechsler and Jost Burkart
>     for these ideas.
>
>   - org-special-ctrl-a/e has a third allowed value, `reversed'.
>     When it is set to this value, the first C-a or C-e command
>     behaves normally, i.e. it goes to the true beginning or end
>     of the line.  Only when you press C-a or C-e immediately
>     again, the the "special" position will be found.  Additional
>     presses of the same key jump between the two positions.  I
>     like this a lot better than the `t' setting, because now the
>     keys behave more predictable and still give easy access to
>     the special locations.
>
>   - New command to set or remove a tag from all headlines in a
>     region.
>
>   - When Org-mode visits a file, it will initially hide all
>     drawers.
>
>   - The default of the variable `org-cycle-global-at-bob' is now
>     nil, meaning that TAB no longer does global visibility
>     cycling at the beginning of the buffer.
>
>   - Bug fixes, in particular the problems with scheduling and
>     deadlines introduced in 5.05.  Please check carefully if
>     this works correctly again, and complain if not.

Hello Carsten, thank you for the fast update!

I think a new bug appeared:
Defining a daytime specific schedule for a todo it happens that a lot
(the rest? all appearing after the todo) of todos will also wrongly show
the time as schedule time in agenda view. This appears to stay for all
todos of the same day. For the next day the agenda view is ok again.

Ah I checked again - all TODOs following a TODO with timestamped
schedule receive the same time stampuntil another time specific schedule
appears. After that all todos again receive the last timestamp.

Rainer

* Re: Bug: all todos receive a once used timestamp in agenda view
@ 2007-08-24 20:22   ` Anupam Sengupta
From: Anupam Sengupta @ 2007-08-24 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

    Rainer> Carsten Dominik schrieb:
    >> Here is a quick update, bug fixes plus a few small features.  Only on my
    >> website, not yet in Emacs - I don't have time right now.
    >>
    >> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/> Enjoy!

[...]

    Rainer> Hello Carsten, thank you for the fast update!

    Rainer> I think a new bug appeared: Defining a daytime specific schedule for
    Rainer> a todo it happens that a lot (the rest?  all appearing after the
    Rainer> todo) of todos will also wrongly show the time as schedule time in
    Rainer> agenda view. This appears to stay for all todos of the same day. For
    Rainer> the next day the agenda view is ok again.

    Rainer> Ah I checked again - all TODOs following a TODO with timestamped
    Rainer> schedule receive the same time stampuntil another time specific
    Rainer> schedule appears. After that all todos again receive the last
    Rainer> timestamp.

Hi Carsten,

I can confirm the same issue here. Here is a quick test case for the same:

If the Org file looks like:

    * TODO This is a scheduled entry with a date and start time
    SCHEDULED: <2007-08-24 Fri 15:00>
    * TODO This is a scheduled entry with just a scheduled date (no time spec)
    SCHEDULED: <2007-08-24 Fri>
    * TODO This is a scheduled entry with a date and start/end times
    SCHEDULED: <2007-08-24 Fri 16:00-17:00>

Then the second entry (note that this does not have a time specification) inherits
the timestamp from the previous headline. Hence, the daily agenda view looks as:

Day-agenda:
Friday    24 August 2007
               8:00-09:00 ----------------
              10:00-11:00 ----------------
              12:00-13:00 ----------------
              14:00-15:00 ----------------
  test:       15:00-16:00 Scheduled:  TODO This is a scheduled entry with just a scheduled date (no time spec)
  test:       15:00-16:00 Scheduled:  TODO This is a scheduled entry with a date and start time
              16:00-17:00 ----------------
  test:       16:00-17:00 Scheduled:  TODO This is a scheduled entry with a date and start/end times
              18:00-19:00 ----------------
              20:00-21:00 ----------------

--
Anupam

* Re: Bug: all todos receive a once used timestamp in agenda view
@ 2007-08-24 20:37   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-08-24 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Fixed, thanks.

Sorry for the mess.

- Carsten

On Aug 24, 2007, at 20:52, Rainer Stengele wrote:

> Carsten Dominik schrieb:
>> Here is a quick update, bug fixes plus a few small features.
>> Only on my website, not yet in Emacs - I don't have time right now.
>> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/
>> Enjoy!
>> - Carsten
>> Changes in version 5.06
>> -----------------------
>> * Overview
>>   - Improved export of single (sub)trees.
>>   - New possibilities for C-a and C-e.
>>   - Command to set a tag in many headlines
>>   - Changed default for org-cycle-global-at-bob.
>>   - Bug fixes.
>> * Details
>>   - When exporting only a region and this region is a single
>>     (sub)tree (for example selected with `C-c @'), the title for
>>     the exported document is taken to be the heading of the
>>     subtree.  The sublevels become top-level entries in the
>>     export.  Furthermore, if the head entry of the tree has or
>>     inherits an EXPORT_FILE_NAME property, that file name (with
>>     appropriately substituted extension) will be used for the
>>     exported tree.  Thanks to Patrick Drechsler and Jost Burkart
>>     for these ideas.
>>   - org-special-ctrl-a/e has a third allowed value, `reversed'.
>>     When it is set to this value, the first C-a or C-e command
>>     behaves normally, i.e. it goes to the true beginning or end
>>     of the line.  Only when you press C-a or C-e immediately
>>     again, the the "special" position will be found.  Additional
>>     presses of the same key jump between the two positions.  I
>>     like this a lot better than the `t' setting, because now the
>>     keys behave more predictable and still give easy access to
>>     the special locations.
>>   - New command to set or remove a tag from all headlines in a
>>     region.
>>   - When Org-mode visits a file, it will initially hide all
>>     drawers.
>>   - The default of the variable `org-cycle-global-at-bob' is now
>>     nil, meaning that TAB no longer does global visibility
>>     cycling at the beginning of the buffer.
>>   - Bug fixes, in particular the problems with scheduling and
>>     deadlines introduced in 5.05.  Please check carefully if
>>     this works correctly again, and complain if not.
>
> Hello Carsten, thank you for the fast update!
>
> I think a new bug appeared:
> Defining a daytime specific schedule for a todo it happens that a lot
> (the rest? all appearing after the todo) of todos will also wrongly
> show the time as schedule time in agenda view. This appears to stay
> for all todos of the same day. For the next day the agenda view is ok
> again.
>
> Ah I checked again - all TODOs following a TODO with timestamped
> schedule receive the same time stampuntil another time specific
> schedule appears. After that all todos again receive the last
> timestamp.
>
> Rainer

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: Re: Org-mode 5.06
@ 2007-08-24 20:42   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-08-24 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Fixed, thanks.

- Carsten

@ 2007-08-24 21:03     ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-08-24 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
> [...]
>>>   - Bug fixes, in particular the problems with scheduling and
>>>     deadlines introduced in 5.05.  Please check carefully if
>>>     this works correctly again, and complain if not.
>>
>> Hello Carsten, thank you for the fast update!
>>
>> I think a new bug appeared:
>> Defining a daytime specific schedule for a todo it happens that a lot
>> (the rest? all appearing after the todo) of todos will also wrongly
>> show the time as schedule time in agenda view. This appears to stay
>> for all todos of the same day. For the next day the agenda view is ok
>> again.
>>
>> Ah I checked again - all TODOs following a TODO with timestamped
>> schedule receive the same time stampuntil another time specific
>> schedule appears. After that all todos again receive the last timestamp.
>>
>> Rainer

> Carsten Dominik
> Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"

Thanks.
Is there a way to get a cvs or svn version update (or a patch - but I
don't want to lay even more work on you) before the next update?

Rainer