* Optional "other-window" argument for org-agenda-switch-to
@ 2007-08-21 16:09 Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2007-08-21 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have just started using org-mode and am very impressed by it. I am
throwing in my first suggestion here:

I would like to have the agenda buffer visible after
org-agenda-switch-to is called, can we add an "other-window" optional
argument to org-agenda-switch-to so the org-file will be opened in
another window when RET is pressed on an agenda item? Or is there
already another way to do it?

Thank you.

Wanrong Lin

* Re: Optional "other-window" argument for org-agenda-switch-to
@ 2007-08-22 12:13 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-08-22 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

TAB

- Carsten

On Aug 21, 2007, at 18:09, Wanrong Lin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just started using org-mode and am very impressed by it. I am
> throwing in my first suggestion here:
>
> I would like to have the agenda buffer visible after
> org-agenda-switch-to is called, can we add an "other-window" optional
> argument to org-agenda-switch-to so the org-file will be opened in
> another window when RET is pressed on an agenda item? Or is there
> already another way to do it?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Wanrong Lin

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: Optional "other-window" argument for org-agenda-switch-to
@ 2007-08-22 21:09   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-08-22 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
> TAB
>

> - Carsten
>
> On Aug 21, 2007, at 18:09, Wanrong Lin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just started using org-mode and am very impressed by it. I am
>> throwing in my first suggestion here:
>>
>> I would like to have the agenda buffer visible after
>> org-agenda-switch-to is called, can we add an "other-window" optional
>> argument to org-agenda-switch-to so the org-file will be opened in
>> another window when RET is pressed on an agenda item? Or is there
>> already another way to do it?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Wanrong Lin

> Carsten Dominik
> Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"
> Universiteit van Amsterdam
> Kruislaan 403
> NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
> phone: +31 20 525 7477

try this:

(setq org-agenda-start-with-follow-mode t)

Rainer