* Highlighting agenda line
@ 2007-08-02  9:12 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-08-02  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Being in agenda view I find it nice to see the lines moved over by mouse highlighted.

I have quite long agenda lines. As the cursor in agenda view stays at the beginning of the line its
quite hard to track in which line I am at the moment with the cursor.

I would therefore also like the line where the cursor is in highlighted.
Am I missing a custom parameter or do I have to look elesewhere?

rainer

* Re: Highlighting agenda line
@ 2007-08-02  9:34 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-08-02  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

,----[ C-h f hl-line-mode RET ]
| hl-line-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `hl-line.el'.
| (hl-line-mode &optional ARG)
|
| Buffer-local minor mode to highlight the line about point.
| With ARG, turn Hl-Line mode on if ARG is positive, off otherwise.
|
| If `hl-line-sticky-flag' is non-nil, Hl-Line mode highlights the
| line about the buffer's point in all windows.  Caveat: the
| buffer's point might be different from the point of a
| non-selected window.  Hl-Line mode uses the function
| `hl-line-highlight' on `post-command-hook' in this case.
|
| When `hl-line-sticky-flag' is nil, Hl-Line mode highlights the
| line about point in the selected window only.  In this case, it
| uses the function `hl-line-unhighlight' on `pre-command-hook' in
| addition to `hl-line-highlight' on `post-command-hook'.
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
--
The  desire  to  be  rewarded  for one's  creativity  does  not  justify
depriving  the world  in  general of  all  or part  of that  creativity.

* Re: Highlighting agenda line
@ 2007-08-02 11:19   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-08-02 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Tassilo Horn schrieb:
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:
>
> Hi Rainer,
>
>> I would therefore also like the line where the cursor is in
>> highlighted.  Am I missing a custom parameter or do I have to look
>> elesewhere?
>
> ,----[ C-h f hl-line-mode RET ]
> | hl-line-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `hl-line.el'.
> | (hl-line-mode &optional ARG)
> |
> | Buffer-local minor mode to highlight the line about point.
> | With ARG, turn Hl-Line mode on if ARG is positive, off otherwise.
> |
> | If `hl-line-sticky-flag' is non-nil, Hl-Line mode highlights the
> | line about the buffer's point in all windows.  Caveat: the
> | buffer's point might be different from the point of a
> | non-selected window.  Hl-Line mode uses the function
> | `hl-line-highlight' on `post-command-hook' in this case.
> |
> | When `hl-line-sticky-flag' is nil, Hl-Line mode highlights the
> | line about point in the selected window only.  In this case, it
> | uses the function `hl-line-unhighlight' on `pre-command-hook' in
> | addition to `hl-line-highlight' on `post-command-hook'.
> `----
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

Thank you Tassilo,

hl-line-mode does not work in the agenda view.

@ 2007-08-02 11:24     ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-08-02 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-08-02 12:19 +0100, Rainer Stengele wrote:
> hl-line-mode does not work in the agenda view.

Try

(add-hook org-agenda-mode-hook 'hl-line-mode)

* Re: Highlighting agenda line
@ 2007-08-02 11:28       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-08-02 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-08-02 12:24 +0100, Leo wrote:
> On 2007-08-02 12:19 +0100, Rainer Stengele wrote:
>> hl-line-mode does not work in the agenda view.
>
> Try
>
> (add-hook org-agenda-mode-hook 'hl-line-mode)
It should be:

@ 2007-08-02 12:54         ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-08-02 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Leo schrieb:
> On 2007-08-02 12:24 +0100, Leo wrote:
>> On 2007-08-02 12:19 +0100, Rainer Stengele wrote:
>>> hl-line-mode does not work in the agenda view.
>> Try
>>
>> (add-hook org-agenda-mode-hook 'hl-line-mode)
> It should be:
> (add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook 'hl-line-mode)

excellent! works! thanx a lot!
BTW, I do love emacs and org-mode ...