* no SPACE allowed in new node/item name created during refiling
@ 2010-01-14  6:21 Manish
From: Manish @ 2010-01-14  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

Hello Carsten,
A SPACE is not allowed in the name when creating a new node/item while
refiling, is it a bug, restriction or configuration issue?

Regards
--
Manish

* Re: no SPACE allowed in new node/item name created during refiling
@ 2010-01-21  1:43 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-01-21  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Carsten,
> A SPACE is not allowed in the name when creating a new node/item while
> refiling, is it a bug, restriction or configuration issue?

I think I've gotten around that with C-q SPC when creating the new
refile entry but I'm not on the tip of the master branch currently.

-Bernt

* Re: Re: no SPACE allowed in new node/item name created during refiling
@ 2010-01-22  9:35   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-22  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Org-Mode

On Jan 21, 2010, at 2:43 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello Carsten,
>> A SPACE is not allowed in the name when creating a new node/item
>> while
>> refiling, is it a bug, restriction or configuration issue?
>
> I think I've gotten around that with C-q SPC when creating the new
> refile entry but I'm not on the tip of the master branch currently.

Yes, this is always a possible solution.  This problem goes back
to the fact that Emacs completion functions use SPACE as a command
character doing completion.  I have turned that off in most contexts
where spaces might be interesting, but apparently I did miss one.
Still need to find time to follow this up.

- Carsten

P.S. Any particular reason why you are not on the tip?

> -Bernt

- Carsten

* Re: Re: no SPACE allowed in new node/item name created during refiling
@ 2010-01-23  2:20     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-01-23  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Org-Mode

> On Jan 21, 2010, at 2:43 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>
>> ... but I'm not on the tip of the master branch currently.
>

> P.S. Any particular reason why you are not on the tip?

Just due to lack of time.  Work has me on a windows platform so I'm
spending my limited spare time trying to make that usable :) and I
haven't been fetching recent org-mode commits more than once a week.

I expect that to change soon though.

-Bernt