* How to switch to a specific state when clocking out?
@ 2009-06-02 13:39 Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-06-02 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

Hello!

Does anyone know of a counterpart to org-clock-in-switch-to-state that
can switch to a specific state when clocking out of an item?

Thanks
--
Manish

* Re: How to switch to a specific state when clocking out?
@ 2009-06-02 13:44 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-06-02 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Does anyone know of a counterpart to org-clock-in-switch-to-state that
> can switch to a specific state when clocking out of an item?

Hi Manish!

As far as I know that functionality does not exist.

-Bernt

* Re: How to switch to a specific state when clocking out?
@ 2009-06-02 15:08   ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-06-02 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Org-Mode

  On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
  > Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:
  >
  >> Hello!
  >>
  >> Does anyone know of a counterpart to org-clock-in-switch-to-state
  >> that can switch to a specific state when clocking out of an item?
  >
  > Hi Manish!
  >
  > As far as I know that functionality does not exist.

Thanks Bernt.  I did notice you leaving tasks in STARTED state when
clocking out.

I do not know elisp at all but I dared to peep into org-clock.el.  It
seemed it would just require setting a variable, test for the variable
when clocking out in org-clock-out function and call org-todo with the
value of variable as ARG.  It seems it is not as simple as that.  I will
try to play some more and see if anything comes out of that.

Manish

* Re: Re: How to switch to a specific state when clocking out?
@ 2009-06-02 16:05   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-06-02 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Org-Mode

On Jun 2, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Does anyone know of a counterpart to org-clock-in-switch-to-state
>> that
>> can switch to a specific state when clocking out of an item?
>
> Hi Manish!
>
> As far as I know that functionality does not exist.

It does now - use org-clock-out-switch-to-state.

- Carsten

* Re: Re: How to switch to a specific state when clocking out?
@ 2009-06-02 19:11     ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-06-02 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, Org-Mode

  On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

  > On Jun 2, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
  >
  >> Manish writes:
  >>
  >>> Hello!
  >>>
  >>> Does anyone know of a counterpart to org-clock-in-switch-to-state that
  >>> can switch to a specific state when clocking out of an item?
  >>
  >> Hi Manish!
  >>
  >> As far as I know that functionality does not exist.
  >
  > It does now - use org-clock-out-switch-to-state.

Thank you, Carsten!  Works perfectly.

I did manage to get two lines of that patch right. :)

Warm regards,
--
Manish