emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Including files, line numbers and codeline references
@ 2009-01-08  8:35 Manish
  2009-01-08 11:15 ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Manish @ 2009-01-08  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

There are multiple but related issues and requests in the mail below.
Wasn't sure so haven't split into separate emails.  Please excuse me
if this is not correct form.

  On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
  >
  > I have just uploaded 6.17a which revamps the codeline references stuff,
  > in the following way:
  >
  > 1. The default label now looks like   (ref:name)
  >
  > 2. The default format is defined in org-coderef-label-format,
  >  with the default value "(ref:%s)".
  >

This is very nice.

  > 3. You can change the format for each individual snippet with the -l switch:
  >
  >   #+BEGIN_SRC pascal -n -r -l "((%s))"

Is it possible to use this line numbering facility for files included
in by "#+INCLUDE" mechanism (sec. 12.1 of manual?)

  >
  > 4. Links to the labels have also changed, they are now
  >
  >    [[(name)]] or [[(name)][in line (name)]]
  >
  >  instead of
  >
  >    [[((name))]] or [[((name))][in line ((name))]]
  >
  >  i.e. only single parenthesis around the label name.

I added a (ref:string) after a comment mark in the original file being
included and created a link like shown above.  The highlighting works
fine but the link does not reflect the line number of the text (didn't
also expect to work until lines were numbered.)

Surprisingly, publish (HTML) attempt also tries to create some .tex
files, not sure why.

,----[ *Messages* ]
| Publishing file d:/home/zms/gehc.git/gdoc/dg.org
| Exporting...
| OVERVIEW
| CONTENTS...done
| Creating LaTeX image 1
| Creating LaTeX image 2
| Creating LaTeX image 3
| Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex34725Zc.tex
| Creating LaTeX image 4
| Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472Gki.tex
| Creating LaTeX image 5
| Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472Tuo.tex
| Creating LaTeX image 6
| Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472g4u.tex
| Creating LaTeX image 7
| Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472tC1.tex
| Exporting... [2 times]
| Saving file d:/home/zms/gehc.git/gdoc_pub/dg.html...
| Wrote d:/home/zms/gehc.git/gdoc_pub/dg.html
| Exporting... done
`----



Also, I was trying the example from documentation with:

#+INCLUDE "~/.emacs" src emacs-lisp

But it fails with following error:
"org-export-select-backend-specific-text: Stack overflow in regexp matcher"
It works when I trim the file size down.  Is there some
variable that controls the size of file it can fontify during export?


Thanks for another great feature.

-- 
Manish

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Including files, line numbers and codeline references
  2009-01-08  8:35 Including files, line numbers and codeline references Manish
@ 2009-01-08 11:15 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-01-08 11:40   ` Manish
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-08 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2810 bytes --]

Hi Manish,

On Jan 8, 2009, at 9:35 AM, Manish wrote:

> There are multiple but related issues and requests in the mail below.
> Wasn't sure so haven't split into separate emails.  Please excuse me
> if this is not correct form.
>
>  On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>
>> I have just uploaded 6.17a which revamps the codeline references  
>> stuff,
>> in the following way:
>>
>> 1. The default label now looks like   (ref:name)
>>
>> 2. The default format is defined in org-coderef-label-format,
>> with the default value "(ref:%s)".
>>
>
> This is very nice.
>
>> 3. You can change the format for each individual snippet with the - 
>> l switch:
>>
>>  #+BEGIN_SRC pascal -n -r -l "((%s))"
>
> Is it possible to use this line numbering facility for files included
> in by "#+INCLUDE" mechanism (sec. 12.1 of manual?)

Yes, you can now just add the switched to the end of the INCLUDE line.

>>
>> 4. Links to the labels have also changed, they are now
>>
>>   [[(name)]] or [[(name)][in line (name)]]
>>
>> instead of
>>
>>   [[((name))]] or [[((name))][in line ((name))]]
>>
>> i.e. only single parenthesis around the label name.
>
> I added a (ref:string) after a comment mark in the original file being
> included and created a link like shown above.  The highlighting works
> fine but the link does not reflect the line number of the text (didn't
> also expect to work until lines were numbered.)

This should now work

> Surprisingly, publish (HTML) attempt also tries to create some .tex
> files, not sure why.
>
> ,----[ *Messages* ]
> | Publishing file d:/home/zms/gehc.git/gdoc/dg.org
> | Exporting...
> | OVERVIEW
> | CONTENTS...done
> | Creating LaTeX image 1
> | Creating LaTeX image 2
> | Creating LaTeX image 3
> | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex34725Zc.tex
> | Creating LaTeX image 4
> | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472Gki.tex
> | Creating LaTeX image 5
> | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472Tuo.tex
> | Creating LaTeX image 6
> | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472g4u.tex
> | Creating LaTeX image 7
> | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472tC1.tex
> | Exporting... [2 times]
> | Saving file d:/home/zms/gehc.git/gdoc_pub/dg.html...
> | Wrote d:/home/zms/gehc.git/gdoc_pub/dg.html
> | Exporting... done
> `----

I guess you have some math snippets in the file, and

     (setq org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments t)


??  Then all these snippets will be processed though LaTeX to create  
images for inclusion into the HTML file.

> Also, I was trying the example from documentation with:
>
> #+INCLUDE "~/.emacs" src emacs-lisp

I cannot reproduce it, I guess you have something
like "END_HTML" in your .emacs file?  Try to make a minimal example.

- Carsten


[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 5516 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Including files, line numbers and codeline references
  2009-01-08 11:15 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-01-08 11:40   ` Manish
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Manish @ 2009-01-08 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
  > Hi Manish,
  > On Jan 8, 2009, at 9:35 AM, Manish wrote:
  >
  > There are multiple but related issues and requests in the mail below.
  > Wasn't sure so haven't split into separate emails. Please excuse me
  > if this is not correct form.
  >
  > On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
  >
  > I have just uploaded 6.17a which revamps the codeline references stuff,
  >
  > in the following way:
  >
  > 1. The default label now looks like (ref:name)
  >
  > 2. The default format is defined in org-coderef-label-format,
  >
  > with the default value "(ref:%s)".
  >
  >
  > This is very nice.
  >
  > 3. You can change the format for each individual snippet with the -l switch:
  >
  > #+BEGIN_SRC pascal -n -r -l "((%s))"
  >
  > Is it possible to use this line numbering facility for files included
  > in by "#+INCLUDE" mechanism (sec. 12.1 of manual?)
  >
  > Yes, you can now just add the switched to the end of the INCLUDE line.

Already?!  Yep, works now.

  >
  > 4. Links to the labels have also changed, they are now
  >
  > [[(name)]] or [[(name)][in line (name)]]
  >
  > instead of
  >
  > [[((name))]] or [[((name))][in line ((name))]]
  >
  > i.e. only single parenthesis around the label name.
  >
  > I added a (ref:string) after a comment mark in the original file being
  > included and created a link like shown above. The highlighting works
  > fine but the link does not reflect the line number of the text (didn't
  > also expect to work until lines were numbered.)
  >
  > This should now work

It does too. :)

  >
  > Surprisingly, publish (HTML) attempt also tries to create some .tex
  > files, not sure why.
  >
  > ,----[ *Messages* ]
  > | Publishing file d:/home/zms/gehc.git/gdoc/dg.org
  > | Exporting...
  > | OVERVIEW
  > | CONTENTS...done
  > | Creating LaTeX image 1
  > | Creating LaTeX image 2
  > | Creating LaTeX image 3
  > | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex34725Zc.tex
  > | Creating LaTeX image 4
  > | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472Gki.tex
  > | Creating LaTeX image 5
  > | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472Tuo.tex
  > | Creating LaTeX image 6
  > | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472g4u.tex
  > | Creating LaTeX image 7
  > | Failed to create dvi file from d:/home/zms/tmp/orgtex3472tC1.tex
  > | Exporting... [2 times]
  > | Saving file d:/home/zms/gehc.git/gdoc_pub/dg.html...
  > | Wrote d:/home/zms/gehc.git/gdoc_pub/dg.html
  > | Exporting... done
  > `----
  >
  > I guess you have some math snippets in the file, and
  >  (setq org-export-with-LaTeX-fragments t)
  >
  > ?? Then all these snippets will be processed though LaTeX to create images
  > for inclusion into the HTML file.

I will investigate it but I do not recall having added any math stuff
in that file.

  >
  > Also, I was trying the example from documentation with:
  >
  > #+INCLUDE "~/.emacs" src emacs-lisp
  >
  > I cannot reproduce it, I guess you have something
  > like "END_HTML" in your .emacs file? Try to make a minimal example.

Sure.  I will try to create one.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
-- 
Manish

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-01-08 11:40 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-01-08  8:35 Including files, line numbers and codeline references Manish
2009-01-08 11:15 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-01-08 11:40   ` Manish

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).