* So many reading on gmane?
@ 2014-04-03 12:49 Rainer M Krug
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-04-03 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This seems very strange - but it is the fact that gmane seems to be not
available the reason why this list is so quiet today????

Rainer

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: So many reading on gmane?
@ 2014-04-03 14:53 ` Thorsten Jolitz
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-04-03 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> This seems very strange - but it is the fact that gmane seems to be not
> available the reason why this list is so quiet today????

Definitely.
Life without gmane is possible but does not really make sense ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: So many reading on gmane?
@ 2014-04-04  9:32 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-04-04  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thursday,  3 Apr 2014 at 13:49, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> This seems very strange - but it is the fact that gmane seems to be not
> available the reason why this list is so quiet today????

I was working yesterday ;-)

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.5h-881-g957177

* Re: So many reading on gmane?
@ 2014-04-04 12:46 ` Allen S. Rout
From: Allen S. Rout @ 2014-04-04 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 04/03/2014 08:49 AM, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> This seems very strange - but it is the fact that gmane seems to be not
> available the reason why this list is so quiet today????

USENET uber alles; bevor alles; schließlich;  überhaupt.  ;)

- Allen S. Rout
- Nein, ich spreche kein Deutsch

* Re: So many reading on gmane?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-04-04 13:28 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2014-04-04 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> This seems very strange - but it is the fact that gmane seems to be not
> available the reason why this list is so quiet today????
>
> Rainer

I was on gmane yesterday.  What time was it not available for you?

Dave

* Re: So many reading on gmane?
@ 2014-04-04 13:48   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-04-04 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

jdavidboyd@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) writes:

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>> This seems very strange - but it is the fact that gmane seems to be not
>> available the reason why this list is so quiet today????
>>
>> Rainer
>
> I was on gmane yesterday.  What time was it not available for you?

On Wednesday.
--
Nick

* Re: So many reading on gmane?
@ 2014-04-04 13:56     ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2014-04-04 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> jdavidboyd@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) writes:
>
>> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>>
>>> This seems very strange - but it is the fact that gmane seems to be not
>>> available the reason why this list is so quiet today????
>>>
>>> Rainer
>>
>> I was on gmane yesterday.  What time was it not available for you?
>>

> On Wednesday.

Maybe it was a regional kind of thing.  I was off and on all day on Wednesday
(Central Western Florida), and had no problems of any kind.

* Re: So many reading on gmane?
@ 2014-04-04 14:49       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-04-04 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

J. David Boyd wrote:
> Nick Dokos <ndokos-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>> jdavidboyd-BQINsHsjPNnQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org (J. David Boyd) writes:

>>> I was on gmane yesterday.  What time was it not available for you?
>>
>> On Wednesday.
>
> Maybe it was a regional kind of thing.  I was off and on all day on Wednesday
> (Central Western Florida), and had no problems of any kind.

I don't think it's a question of server being down. It simply, as I also
observe it sometimes, that posts received by email aren't always
available on the Gmane interface at the same time.

It happens like if no post was made for hours, and then, suddenly, all
of them appear on the newsgroup as well.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: So many reading on gmane?
@ 2014-04-04 15:24         ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2014-04-04 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com> writes:

> J. David Boyd wrote:
>> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

>>> On Wednesday.
>>
>> Maybe it was a regional kind of thing.  I was off and on all day on Wednesday
>> (Central Western Florida), and had no problems of any kind.
>
> I don't think it's a question of server being down. It simply, as I also
> observe it sometimes, that posts received by email aren't always
> available on the Gmane interface at the same time.
>
> It happens like if no post was made for hours, and then, suddenly, all
> of them appear on the newsgroup as well.
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Oh, I understand.  I've seen that myself, sometimes.

Dave