* [BUG REPORT] Bad C-u C-C C-t screen rendering with vertically split screen in emacs
@ 2008-10-25  4:47 Domain Admin
From: Domain Admin @ 2008-10-25  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[[3rd and final attempt to send, this time without screenshots]]

Since I have a wide screen laptop, I almost always us C-x3 to split
emacs into 2 side by side windows.  When I'm pushing bits around in
org-mode, that usually translates to my todo.org on the left and an
agenda on the right.

The bug I've encountered since I started using org mode a few weeks
back is that the mini-buffer grows to fill almost the entire screen
when I want to change the state of a TODO.  Attached are two
screen-shots - the first is my emacs layout as described above, and
the second after pressing C-u C-c C-t  with the completion buffer
taking up almost the whole screen.

Please keep my address in the Cc: as I am not subscribed to the list.

Cheers,
 Gary

* Re: [BUG REPORT] Bad C-u C-C C-t screen rendering with vertically split screen in emacs
@ 2008-10-25 13:01 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-25 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Domain Admin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Gary,

I don't see the screen shots.  Please put them up on the web, I prefer
that to large attachments to messages to this mailing list.

Thanks.

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-25 15:25   ` Domain Admin
From: Domain Admin @ 2008-10-25 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> Hi Gary,

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the fast reply.

> I don't see the screen shots.  Please put them up on the web, I prefer that
> to large attachments to messages to this mailing list.

Oh, right. Yes, that was lazy of me sorry... I was too busy cursing
the list manager for rejecting my attempts at attaching the images to
think of that myself.  Duh!

So I put large full size screenshots in tiff format, along with
smaller scaled down pngs of the same here:

  http://gary,vaughan.pe/org/

Cheers,
    Gary
--
Email me:          gary@gnu.org                        (\(\
Read my blog:      http://blog.azazil.net              ( o.O)

* Re: [BUG REPORT] Bad C-u C-C C-t screen rendering with vertically split screen in emacs
@ 2008-10-25 15:39     ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-10-25 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Domain Admin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Domain Admin" <gary@vaughan.pe> writes:

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
>> Hi Gary,
>
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Thanks for the fast reply.
>
>> I don't see the screen shots.  Please put them up on the web, I prefer that
>> to large attachments to messages to this mailing list.
>
> Oh, right. Yes, that was lazy of me sorry... I was too busy cursing
> the list manager for rejecting my attempts at attaching the images to
> think of that myself.  Duh!
>
> So I put large full size screenshots in tiff format, along with
> smaller scaled down pngs of the same here:
>
>   http://gary,vaughan.pe/org/
>
> Cheers,
>     Gary

Slight typo :

http://gary.vaughan.pe/org/

--
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.  ~Albert Einstein

* Re: [BUG REPORT] Bad C-u C-C C-t screen rendering with vertically split screen in emacs
@ 2008-11-03 12:46 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-03 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Domain Admin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Gary,

I believe this problem is now fixed, please verify.

Also, your address reads like "Domain Admin", is that intended????

@ 2008-11-07  5:26   ` Gary V. Vaughan
From: Gary V. Vaughan @ 2008-11-07  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

2008/11/3 Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>:
> Hi Gary,
>
> I believe this problem is now fixed, please verify.

Thanks.  Short version: yes it seems to be working now.

Long version: I couldn't persuade my emacs to grok a fresh git clone
of the org-mode master (though I didn't try very hard -- I just
changed the emacs load-path to point at the checked out git tree
instead of the untarred org-6.10 release and restarted emacs).
Instead, I extracted changeset 293d3311 and applied it to a fresh
org-6.10c release... and now the windows behave sanely for me.  Many
thanks!!

> Also, your address reads like "Domain Admin", is that intended????

Oops.  I had just migrated my email to google apps @ your domain,
and didn't notice for a few days that the first email account name
is set to 'Domain Admin'.  Now fixed -- thanks again!

Cheers,
    Gary