* Org2Mobile Announcement
       [not found] <op.u7nj720akn50lx@asdf-765bcf7b88>
@ 2010-02-07 10:26 ` Ivan Bulanov
From: Ivan Bulanov @ 2010-02-07 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello org-mode users!

Let me present you Org2Mobile - a service that enables you take your tasks
 from an org-mode file to the mobile phone calendar. It consists of a
desktop agent and a mobile phone application. The desktop program monitors
your org file for changes and sends updates to the server. The mobile
application in turn picks changes from the server and keeps calendar up to
date.

Supported platforms:
- Windows for desktop application.
- Symbian S60 2nd/3rd Edition for mobile application.

Features:
- Org-mode tasks do not affect other tasks.
You can still use your calendar as usual. The only difference is now you
have org-mode tasks in it!
- You can make custom mappings between types of org-mode tasks and types
of calendar events.
E.g. you can make tasks with todo keyword ANNIVERSARY appear as
anniversaries in the calendar, make TODO and NEXT appear as todos, map
SCHEDULED to calendar events and so on.
- A variety of timestamp formats is supported.
- Task priorities (A, B and C) are supported.
- Several file encodings are supported.
- Org2Mobile doesn't need Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
The only requirement for network is to have your computer and phone
connected to the Internet.
- Org2Mobile doesn't need both your PC and phone connected to the internet
simultaneously.
You can pick changes on the phone any time you want.
- Mobile application is designed to minimize traffic.

The service is basically in its early stage so I guarantee that there are
bugs and missing functionality, that's why I'm looking forward to your
feedback. You can email me at support@org2mobile.com

The website of the service is http://org2mobile.com

I want to thank Carsten Dominik and all org-mode contributors for such a
great organizer.

I hope you find the service useful.

Ivan Bulanov

* Org2Mobile Announcement
@ 2010-02-07 10:45 Ivan Bulanov
From: Ivan Bulanov @ 2010-02-07 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2010-02-07 10:55 support
From: support @ 2010-02-07 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[...]

* Re: Org2Mobile Announcement
@ 2010-02-07 16:00   ` Ian Barton
       [not found]     ` <e0e1fe621002072355x70f0c08dqada629989151ec10@mail.gmail.com>
From: Ian Barton @ 2010-02-07 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ivan Bulanov wrote:
> Hello org-mode users!
>
> Let me present you Org2Mobile - a service that enables you take your
> tasks from an org-mode file to the mobile phone calendar. It consists of
> a desktop agent and a mobile phone application. The desktop program
> monitors your org file for changes and sends updates to the server. The
> mobile application in turn picks changes from the server and keeps
> calendar up to date.
>
> Supported platforms:
> - Windows for desktop application.
> - Symbian S60 2nd/3rd Edition for mobile application.

Ivan, this looks very interesting. I have a 5th Edition phone. I presume
that the app will work, but some things may not work completely.

I don't use Windows. Also I assume that you are hosting the Web app part
of the service. I wouldn't really want my org files travelling through
other people's servers. Is the web service and Windows app Open Source,
could  run it on my own server? Depending on the complexity I might be
interested in developing a Linux desktop app.

Ian.

* Re: Org2Mobile Announcement
@ 2010-02-08  7:15     ` support
       [not found]     ` <e0e1fe621002072355x70f0c08dqada629989151ec10@mail.gmail.com>
From: support @ 2010-02-08  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ian,

Thank you for your insterest. I did not test this with 5th Edition phones.
In theory it may work.

I have not decided yet whether to make the app open-source or not. The
problem of privacy can be solved if there will be encryption. Meanwhile it
seems reasonable to keep separate org-file for synchronization purpose. It
should be free of personal information.
I wonder if desktop app can be started with Wine.

--
Ivan Bulanov,
Developer of Org2Mobile

* Org2Mobile Announcement